Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Schwab's Operational Services Control we "keep it safe" by working with business partners to find dynamic solutions to meet our clients' evolving needs while ensuring control and mitigating risk. Within Operational Services Control, the Asset Reconciliation department provides continuous monitoring of high risk processes and works with our business partners to ensure accurate books and records.
What you’ll do:
The Asset Reconciliation team is looking for a highly analytical individual to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for performing internal and external reconciliation and balancing functions, in our very detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment:
- Review exception reports.
- Analyze root causes of out-of-balances.
- Document causes of out-of-balances and provide potential solutions.
- Participate in implementation of enhancements to current applications.
- Work with internal and external business partners to help provide solutions, implement systems enhancements, etc.
What you have:
- 3+ years of Brokerage Operations experience preferred.
- Focus on reconciliations or Settlement Operations experience a plus.
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proven research experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple integrated brokerage, banking and 3rd party systems.
- Self-starter who is able to utilize resources and solve problems as they may arise.
- Takes initiative to perform day to day tasks with limited guidance or direct supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while meeting daily, weekly, or monthly deadlines.
- Intermediate to advance MS Excel skills.
- Team player.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the organization.
- The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self - control in the face of hostility or provocation.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, January 29, 2018