Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advisor Services is the leading provider of custodial, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as compete and succeed in their business efforts. We provide dedicated service to these advisory firms. The focus is on building relationships and a more personalized approach to service. We build strong rapport with Investment Advisors, know them on a first name basis and provide one-on-one service that Schwab is known for.
What you’ll do:
Advisor Services Equity/Option Trading Desk is a team institutional trading professionals who differentiates themselves by combining a passion for service with a deep understanding of market mechanics and complex execution strategies.
This position requires each individual to provide a consultative approach to an institutional client’s execution needs. This is accomplished through proactive calls with order flow, educating clients on execution strategies, and managing order flow across multiple platforms.
In building relationships with our clients, as an Equity/ETF/Option Trader you will:
- Execute Institutional block order flow in both the equity, ETF and option markets while being conversant in multiple execution strategies and order routing tools. The role requires the ability to manage multiple block orders via a sophisticated trading platform while providing superior service.
- Take ownership over the entire trading process, beginning with understanding macro- and microeconomic factors impacting the market.
- Establish client objectives through active listening and clear communication of special handling instructions.
Provide education and recommendations on order handling where appropriate.
What you have:
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of institutional equity/ETF/option trading; including the use of order management systems and complex trading strategies through algorithms and unique ETF trading strategies such as risk and creation/redemption trades.
- Ability to multitask and manage the heightened risk profile associated with large block order handling. (required)
- Ability to cultivate relationships with our Institutional Clients as well as our Sales and Service business partners. (required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (required)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and must exemplify the vision and values of Schwab. (required)
- At least 7 years institutional Equity/Option trading experience. (preferred)
- Series 7, 63 (required) Series 9 & 10 brokerage licenses (preferred)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Pending review of experience & credentials, this position is posted as Sr Specialist or Manager level.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 55, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Capital Markets-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, January 26, 2018