Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The Digital Innovation team is being created based on a strong belief from our Chief Digital Officer that Schwab needs to continue to innovate on our digital client experiences. The team is responsible for defining and building Schwab’s innovation program that may include everything from feature enhancement to new product lines. The team will create a comprehensive strategy on digital innovations relevant to Schwab as well as execute on key elements of the program. This program will combine the best of internal innovation approaches (e.g.,first to launch a robo of the traditional players) and select external approaches (e.g.,cryptocurrencies). The team will focus on near term innovations that benefit our client experience as well as longer-term product innovations.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Manager, Product Owner/Innovation Lab Management will be key participants in the innovation program, helping Schwab innovate on behalf of clients and investors. This role will serve as the point person working with agile, R&D, and design teams to ensure innovation lab is meeting timeline and requirements. The Sr. Manager will support in coaching and guiding the team to keep the client and strategic objectives in focus .We have a long history of questioning the status quo – whether it be the 24/7 quotes, or online brokerage, or the start of a mutual fund marketplace. The program is overseen by the Chief Digital Officer and has senior executive commitment. The role reports to the Innovation Lab leader.
What you will contribute to the Company:
- Foster collaboration with design, research, engineering, program management, business, and leadership teams to develop on-brand products
- Draw insight from key performance metrics, make recommendations and drive improvement actions amongst the innovation lab team
- Champion the client and the strategic objective of the digital solution the innovation lab team is attempting to build
- Lead/Co-lead sprint planning meetings; explain feature priorities and requirements to the development team
- Lead/Co-lead the sprint review (demo) along with stakeholders to provide fast feedback on sprint results
- Develop a fast-paced product development culture to create, test, release, and measure product
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements
- Be an effective internal spokesperson for the Innovation Lab
What you have:
- 4-6 years of work experience in consulting, analytics, sales strategy and/or sales operations roles required
- Proven experience in executing product roadmaps from conception through launch
- Ability to gather user requirements, prioritize roadmaps and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong background in software development and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with big data technologies and ecosystems
- Experience managing the full product lifecycle: ideation, wire framing, prototyping, design, writing technical specs, and QA
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex issues and develop solutions
- Strong analytical and quantitative modeling skills, with demonstrated ability to succinctly interpret data and convert ideas to action
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills including experience with senior management
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Curiosity to continually reevaluate our offers / products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related
- MBA a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018