San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Digital Services enterprise is responsible for defining and developing the digital strategy, offers, and experiences to drive the growth and loyalty of existing and prospective clients and accelerate Schwab’s digital transformation. Digital Services oversees the platforms that support retail and registered independent advisor (RIA) clients, including Schwab.com, Schwab Mobile, the StreetSmart suite of platforms and Schwabadvisorcenter.com, digital advice solutions, including Schwab Intelligent Portfolios and Schwab Intelligent Advisory, firm-wide data solutions and business innovation.
What you’ll do:
The Director is responsible for delivering thoughtful, insightful contributions to Digital Services’ core strategic work. The Director works with multiple constituents across Schwab’s business units to develop digital strategies in support of corporate and business unit specific business objectives. Projects are broad in scope and require creativity and world-class strategic thinking, as well as strong project management and leadership skills. The successful candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic about strategy and also have experience with financial services or digital strategy. They will be self-motivated, results oriented and able to independently lead major strategic initiatives. Strong client-focus is a must.
Directors interact with senior members of Schwab’s leadership team and executive partners within the business units. Projects are focused on driving growth and operating leverage for Schwab, while delivering great digital experiences and better outcomes for investors and advisors. In this role, you will be part of an organization leading Schwab’s digital transformation in the fast-paced digital landscape of financial services. You will have the opportunity to apply your strong critical thinking skills and aptitude to become expert in understanding the needs of individual investor and advisor clients and defining best-in-class digital experiences to address these needs.
What you have:
- MBA and/or post-grad education required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing strategic consulting engagements is required; previous work experience in strategy, preferably with a top-tier consulting firm or strategy group within a financial services firm
- Demonstrated track record of developing business strategies that create real value and are managed in a way that ensure a smooth transition to implementation and opportunity realization
- An appropriate balance of objective, analytical orientation with a desire to move things to conclusion and deliver results
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Superior analytical skills, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong interest and passion for digital and our industry
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 17, 2018