Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS) team is responsible for implementing the firm’s cybersecurity strategy which includes security architecture, security operations monitoring (SOC), cybersecurity incident response, and implementing and operating the necessary security tools, controls and approaches to meet policies and standards. The Senior Analyst will support development of long-term cybersecurity strategy, planning and innovation for one of Schwab’s most dynamic and most critical organizations in support of multi-year initiatives that will have significant impact on our future. In addition, the right candidate will be able to take large amounts of data and parse it down into a succinct message that will be shared cross-functionally and to the Board.
What you’ll do:
- The Senior Analyst works in a team setting, reporting to a Director working with multiple constituents across Schwab’s cybersecurity organization and supported business units. They typically take ownership of one or more work streams, perform data-driven analysis and contribute recommendations for strategy development and communication artifacts. Work is broad in scope and will require creativity, flexibility, analytical abilities, structured thinking, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable to a range of challenges and have a strong interest in technology, innovation and financial services. They will be self-motivated, results oriented and able to lead one or more work streams. They will have the ability to synthesize an array of internal and external inputs into a coherent picture to inform a winning strategy.
- The Senior Analyst has responsibility for significant elements of work, including: –
- Supporting strategic project definition, idea generation, and insight development for a large organization, with guidance from subject matter experts and the Chief Information Security Officer
- Developing communications and presentations that provide strategic insights that will drive the cybersecurity strategy
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues
- Gathering data through research and interviews
- Planning and executing their own work streams for discrete projects or subsets of projects
- Generating creative, action-oriented insights and recommendations
- Ensuring quality control of data/research and preparing presentation materials for senior management
- Communicating the cybersecurity story and strategy effectively
- Developing Schwab’s cybersecurity brand and a communications plan that is well understood by supported business units
- Synthesizing large amounts of information and data into a well-articulated and understood message
- The Senior Analyst primarily interacts with members of Schwab’s cybersecurity program office team, Schwab Technology Services strategy team and stakeholders within the cybersecurity and technology organization. Representative project work includes cybersecurity strategy development, leadership and board reporting, cybersecurity communications to broader audiences, facilitating and coordinating the development of the next layer down, cybersecurity program strategies, promoting innovation, etc.
What you have:
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably with a top-tier consulting firm, financial service firm, or strategy group at a large organization
- Prior experience in financial services including experience with financial markets, technology, fee-based investment advisory market preferred, but not required
- Prior technical writing, marketing or graphic design experience would be highly desirable
- Experience framing problems, analyzing solutions, building models, developing decks, facilitating / participating in meetings, and presenting to small audiences
- Superior analytical skills, research capabilities and attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Ability to work across several projects concurrently
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Strong academic record from a nationally recognized institution
- Advanced PowerPoint and Microsoft Office skills
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
or change management experience, preferred but not required or highly desired
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018