Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Advisory (CSIA) is a team of 40 investment professionals focused on rigorous investment manager research. Based on parameters developed by Schwab, CSIA provides research and evaluates managers for the Schwab Managed Account Select® wrap fee program, creates the Schwab mutual fund and ETF Select List, and provides portfolio management services for Schwab Managed Portfolios(TM), a Schwab-sponsored wrap fee program, as well as Schwab Intelligent Portfolios.
This position supports the operations, analytics, and on-going research of Schwab’s Mutual Fund Rating System and Managed Account Rating System. These proprietary quantitative models are highly visible and have a significant impact across Schwab. The model outputs directly influence the investment decisions of both self-directed and professional investors, including the $15 billion in mutual fund assets directly managed by CSIA on behalf of clients.
What you’ll do:
- Perform on-going research, development, and maintenance of quantitative models in an effort to improve the quality of Schwab's manager recommendations.
- Operationally this position will perform model input and output validation; performance monitoring and reporting; documentation of procedures; managing model updates and changes; developing new tools or methods to improve or complement existing processes.
- Research may include: investigating existing models that need performance improvement, identifying potential causes of underperformance, and proposing effective solutions; developing testable hypothesizes by reviewing published research that can complement existing models; creating new models to expand the universe of funds rated by Schwab.
What you have:
- Bachelor degree in quantitative discipline such as finance, math, statistics, engineering, economics, computer science, or hard sciences. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in quantitative research or financial modeling. Or, 4+ years of experience within software development, information technology, data science, statistical process controls, or engineering with supplementary coursework in finance or economics. Prior experience in investment manager selection is desirable.
- Solid programming skills in Matlab strongly preferred. Experience with other languages such as Java, SAS, R, VBA, or Python are transferable.
- Strong statistical aptitude and sufficient literacy of the methods used in empirical financial research including: probability and statistics, regression analysis, time series analysis, multi-factor models, portfolio theory, economics, and asset pricing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to explain complex and/or technical matters clearly, accurately, and simply.
- Successful candidates will show strong attention to detail and have good organization skills. They should have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Candidates should be results oriented and be able to demonstrate creative problem solving skills.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, International-6+ yrs, International-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018