San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice. As an Associate, Administrative Support, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support in a timely manner for executives and subsequent team members within the Senior Vice President’s organizations.
What you’ll do:
Calendaring: Manage the executives’ calendar including: schedule meetings and managing conflicts.
- Coordinate, schedule and attend various meetings; compile, prepare, revise and edit related notices, agenda items, and supporting documents for a variety of other administrative meetings; prepare and send out notices of meetings and other events; collect, compile and evaluate information for meetings; take, transcribe and distribute minutes when needed.
- Ensure regular cadence of 1:1 with Direct Reports and Business Partners.
- Manage scheduling of Leadership meeting with direct reports and setting up All Hands meetings.
- Proactively manage scheduling when travelling to move meetings and setup 1:1's with key business partners.
- Manage and Coordinate logistics for meetings when needed (Individual Schedules and meeting rooms/facilities).
- Plan and process travel arrangements for the officers.
- Follow-up with the travel agent if there are any travel changes.
- Prepare Travel and Expense report and submission in a timely manner.
Reporting & Administrative tasks
- Prepare materials utilizing an array of tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio Maintain organization chart and financial summaries.
New Hire on boarding and setup
- Asset executives with managing routing action items such as approvals for Timesheets, Purchase Orders, Invoices, etc.
- Purchasing activities such as Creating Purchase Orders and Routing Invoices.
- Maintaining Vendor files, service contracts and work orders.
- Manage ordering of office supplies and maintenance of office equipment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Event Management & Coordination
- Manage and Coordinate team events for the executives’ organizations.
- Manage, Collaborate and Coordinate events at the Schwab Austin campus as needed.
- Have fun at work and help others do the same.
What you have:
- High School Diploma or higher, with 5+ years of previous experience in executive admin support in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Strong working knowledge of business communications, MS Office (word/excel/power point), Confluence and an ability to become an expert.
- Excellent time management skills. Good at prioritizing and executing.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to anticipate, improvise, and adapt for optimal resolutions.
- Pro-active, results-oriented style delivering outstanding quality and timeliness, while working independently with little supervision.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, work effectively in a team, maintain professional demeanor and composure in stressful situations, and work under deadline pressures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- able to communicate directly, concisely and/or diplomatically as required, knowing how, when and what to communicate.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships within and outside the organization.
- Highly developed PC skills, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Pro-active calendar management and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volumes of work in a fast paced environment and ability to change focus and direction along with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated interest, ability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Incumbent should have knowledge of working with audio-visual equipment, e.g. LCD projectors, teleconferencing, etc.
- Ability to serve as a single point of contact for executives, as well as, for other roles specific to the position (e.g. space management, etc.)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Administrative Support-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, January 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2018