Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Do you want to be part of a Data Warehouse team managing over 120 terabytes of data and building the next generation analytics platform for a leading financial firm with over $2.7 trillion in assets under management? At Schwab, the Global Data Technology (GDT) organization governs the strategy and implementation of the enterprise data warehouse and emerging data platforms. We help Marketing, Finance and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer who has passion for big data technologies and comes with data warehousing background. Someone who has experience in designing and coding batch as well as real time ETL(and ELT) and one who wants to be part of a team that is actively designing and implementing the big data lake and analytical architecture on Hadoop. Someone who wants to be challenged every day and has passion to keep up to date on new Big Data Technologies, set new standards and mentor team members along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Building and maintaining code for real time data ingestion using Java, MapR-Streams (Kafka) and STORM.
- Designing and developing batch data flow using Spark code in python, Scala and Java
- Designing, Developing and maintaining batch data flow using Sqoop, Hive QL, Pig and Unix scripting
- Designing, building and support data processing pipelines to transform data using Hadoop technologies
- Designing schemas, data models and data architecture for Hadoop and HBase environments
- Designing, building data assets in MapR-DB (HBASE), and HIVE
- Developing and executing quality assurance and test scripts
- Work with business analysts to understand business requirements and use cases
- Mentoring of team in Big Data Technologies
What you have:
- Hands-on experience in Java object oriented programming (minimum 3 years)
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, STORM/ SPARK Streaming, Kafka/Rabbit MQ and HBASE (At least 2 years)
- Understanding Hadoop file format and compressions is required
- Familiarity with MapR distribution of Hadoop is preferred
- Understanding of best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architecture on Hadoop is required
- Strong scripting / programming with UNIX, Java, Python/Scala etc. is required
- Good understanding on what and when to use
- Knowledge and experience with Machine Learning and Graph database is preferred.
- Good understanding of YARN
- Strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications is required
- Expertise in schema design, developing data models and proven ability to work with complex data is required
- Experience in real time data ingestion into Hadoop is required
- Proven experience in working in large environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of Big Data ETL such as Informatica BDM and/or Talend tools is preferred
- Understanding security, encryption and masking using Kerberos, MapR-tickets, Vormetric and Voltage is preferred
- Experience with Test Driven Code Development, SCM tools such as GIT, Jenkins and Bamboo is preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Capital Markets-less than 2 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, IT-Communications/Networking-less than 2 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-less than 2 yrs, IT-DBA-2-5 yrs, IT-System Administration-less than 2 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - less than 2 yrs, Regulatory, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, January 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018