Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The position is within the AML Compliance Department, part of the Financial Crimes Investigations (FCI) organization. The organization assists in the assessment of AML risk presented to our business and the affirmative commitment to comply with laws and regulations governing money laundering activities, those identified under OFAC, as well as other financial crimes. A key objective of the organization is our ongoing commitment to the corporation’s abilities to meet regulatory obligations. Responsibilities of FCI extend beyond the AML program and include the Corporation’s Anti-Bribery and Identity Theft Program, Internal Investigations, and the safeguarding of customer and corporate assets against Fraud.
We are currently offering the opportunity for a dynamic and engaging AML professional to join our team as an AML Monitoring Specialist. The successful candidate will analyze and resolve account monitoring alerts generated by our transaction monitoring system through researching Client Central, Web CSR, and other source systems for possible money laundering attempts or other financial crimes, against Charles Schwab &Co. and Charles Schwab Bank. The AML Monitoring Specialist will be a part of our Colorado AML office while remaining in close partnership with our team members in other locations.
What you’ll do:
- Resolve alerts generated by our transaction monitoring alert system, by reviewing and analyzing account transactions and activities, in order to identify suspicious activity
- Analyze large sets of data, looking for patterns and trends, while maintaining service level agreements (SLA’s) and department productivity goals
- Research account and client-level activity using Schwab internal systems, 3rd party vendor systems (Lexis-Nexis, CLEAR, SBS, etc.), and open source media (LinkedIn, Facebook, internet searches, etc.)
- Leverage relationships and ask questions of Branch, Operations Center, Bank personnel and clients to accumulate additional data
- Resolve alerts related to Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) and complete CTR forms as applicable to meet FinCEN/BSA reporting requirements
- Conduct one-on-one training on alert monitoring to help on-board new members
- Conduct ghosting sessions to demonstrate alert handling processes to help promote partnership with other Schwab business sectors
- Participate in projects surrounding transaction monitoring alert handling
- Provide assistance to help facilitate investigations progress as needed
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in a brokerage, bank or compliance environment
- 2-3 years’ experience working with AML/OFAC policies and regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks professionally and consistently
- Strong understanding of various banking and/or brokerage products and AML trends and methodologies
- Advanced decision making and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate and respond to management and internal customer needs, and follow through and complete requests on time
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, demonstrate flexibility, and stay motivated in a repetitive work environment
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Proficient with MS office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), database management systems, and internet research engines
- FINRA Series 7 and/or 99 licensing preferred
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, January 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018