Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our Voice and IVR applications. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment. The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable and will challenge the teams and strive for improving agile best practices
What you’ll do:
Support agile based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools and best practices in a clearly document form. Participate and support development and software delivery. This may include the following:
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Prepare and partner with Ops team to ensure efficient implementation and readiness work as part of application transition.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organize
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Adapting project scope, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
What you have:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with 4+ years ScrumMaster experience
- Thorough understanding of agile Engineering Practices, Agile values and principles, including, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Financial industry experience
- Previous development or QA experience required, preferably in a leadership role.
- Previous technical experience with CRM packages, C++, C#, SQL Server, Mongo DB, AngularJS is preferred
- Experience using TFS agile templates and JIRA/Confluence
- Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise
- Ability to understand technical issues
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership)
- Bachelor's degree and relevant experience as Project Manager or SM
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, January 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, February 9, 2018