Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s Information Security Program, including the Information Security Policy, which is periodically reviewed and approved by the Board, the creation and execution of the Information Security Strategy, the implementation of the information security Framework. The team is looking for a qualified candidate to augment its work force.
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Bank Risk, Enterprise Risk, Information Security Risk, Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk. Within each of these areas, we develop a framework for how much risk we are willing to accept as a firm and establish processes for identifying, evaluating, measuring, monitoring and reporting against the framework. The information Security Risk Management Team is responsible for the development and maintenance of Charles Schwab’s Information Security Program, including the Information Security Policy, which is periodically reviewed and approved by the Board, the creation and execution of the Information Security Strategy, the implementation of the information security Framework. The team is also responsible for vulnerabilities, conducting risk assessments, performing security compliance assessments for vendors, and providing information security requirements and reviews for legal contracts.
What you’ll do:
The position is an Information Security Policy Manager, Information Security Governance and Risk Management. The specific areas of responsibility include the following programs and functions:
- Thought leadership and end to end lifecycle management for the Information Security Policy Framework and associated policies and standards
- Integration with Information Security governance processes to ensure the policies map to and reflect all regulatory and program requirements
- Coordination with Information Security program owners and other key stakeholders to ensure the policies and standards reflect the appropriate expectations
- Develop and write policy and standards in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts
- Support the policy and standard awareness program to ensure all Information Security personnel and key stakeholders are aware of and prepared to fulfill the information security responsibilities for their functional role in the organization.
What you have:
Qualifications and required skills:
- Knowledgeable of information security control frameworks, particularly NIST Cyber Framework, ISO 27002:2013, and key industry standards and regulatory requirements such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and will be able to utilize that knowledge to perform gap analysisPossess strong verbal communication skills to articulate complex policy issues and strong writing skills to craft balanced policy language
- Ability to work with leaders and stakeholders at all levels and across functional lines
- Ability to bring structure and clarity to ambiguous subjects
- Ability to lead through challenging issues and negotiate across disparate stakeholder groups
- Ability to manage metrics and status reporting
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in reviewing and integrating policies into control Frameworks
- Experience with the eGRC Archer platform
- CISM and/or IAPP certification
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Saturday, January 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018