Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
*Please note: This job posting has been released to build pipeline for anticipated growth
Business Empowerment and Risk Solutions is an independent group responsible for providing supervisory support through direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis and supervisory risk assessments, to Schwab’s Investor Services (retail) group. Business Empowerment and Risk Solutions’s vision is to be a trusted independent partner of all Schwab stakeholders that promotes business growth through effective risk management. We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager, Supervisory Risk Management will focus on regulatory risk management and control issues applicable to the Investor Services organization. As Schwab enhances its existing operational risk management framework, this role will focus on risk issues in Investor Services and the support of different business units with these issues. In addition, the role will be expected to proactively build and support the processes and standards required to bring a disciplined structure to the operation.
As a Senior Manager, Supervisory Risk Management, this person would support Schwab’s Leaders by…
- Coordinating and facilitating risk management routines in behalf of Investor Services
- Conducting gap analysis
- Performing root cause analysis
- Identifying and documenting risk issues
- Recognizing potential trends
- Recommending action plans
- Establishing predictive risk measures
The qualified candidate should possess the following skills:
Ability to influence others through the development of strong working relationships;
- Proven supervision and oversight skills with a working knowledge of industry standards and policies; and
- Experience executing both strategic and tactical objectives
Qualified candidates must also have….
- Strong communication, influencing, and presentation skills;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- The ability to manage and analyze large quantities of data with meticulous attention to detail and data integrity
- Experience implementing process improvements;
- The ability to work independently, with minimum guidance; and
- The ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize based on regulatory risk and business needs.
What you have:
- 8+ years relevant financial services experience
- 5+ years supervisory, risk, control, or compliance experience
- Experienced making timely decisions based on client and field input
- Track record of providing sound guidance to peers and subordinates
- Responded to changes in the business and/or regulatory environment by proactively recommending changes to existing policies and procedures
- Responded to audit reports and designed remediation plans as appropriate and have tracked through to completion
- Implemented regulatory change initiatives across the business in a manner that balances the control requirements with the field experience
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake, IN - Indianapolis
Activation Date: Friday, January 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018