Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting (RDARR) team is situated in Corporate Risk Management. The team is responsible for identifying and defining strategic CRM technology initiatives that advance CRM’s RDARR maturity. This position is for a Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst to support the Market & Investment Risk (MIR) team in the development, maintenance, and documentation of Risk Reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Makefull assessment of the current Business Intelligence (BI), InternalReporting, and External Reporting landscape (infrastructure, tools, development practices, governance, etc.).
- Provide technical leadership and support for reporting applications that ensures self-service, business agility and ease of use for end users that includes internal and external BI products.
- Work with a team that is responsible for managing an internal reporting application; developing, testing and producing reports and analyses for Management and Board reporting.
- Work with a team to identify and implement best practices to streamline the processes for managing data and producing ongoing reports.
- Plan and implement integration into the evolving MIRA Data Platform working closely with the Data Management and Risk Technology teams.
- Effectively collaborate with business partners and other technology teams to coordinate application, reporting and process enhancements in response to business needs.
- Collaborate and align with company-wide BI programs, business-acumen, technical expertise in data space, self-service analytics, and data governance processes.
- Partner with business stakeholders to define requirements and design and implement appropriate reporting solutions.
- Work collaboratively and build strong relationships with business partners in order to identify and build consensus on priorities.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Finance with an analytics background.
- Experience in defining and implementing a strategic BI platform.
- Deep expertise in self-service reporting architecture and tools.
- 3-5 years in Financial Services technology.
- 3-5 years working as a Business Intelligence Analysts and working with Developers.
- 3-5 years experience with data visualization, reporting and business analytics technologies.
- 3-5 years of experience with Relational and Dimensional databases.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Tableau, Crystal Reports, and SSRS.
- Experience or familiarity with Hadoop or other Big Data technologies.
- Experience or familiarity with statistical learning packages (Python, R).
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience using source code control software and software development.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate technical terms into business terms and establish productive relationships with internal business partners.
The following qualifications are not required, but highly desired:
- Sufficient understanding of the General Ledger (ex. Balance Sheet and Income Statement)
- Experience or familiarity with handling NoSQL databases and enterprise caching technologies.
- Experience or familiarity with ETL and data integration processes.
- Experience or familiarity with consuming data from web services, APIs, and message queues for generating analysis and reports.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, January 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018