Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Control (Ops Control) believes a controlled environment is fundamental to being the most trusted leader in investment services. Our mission is to guide Operational Services toward successful long term business outcomes through optimized processes, well managed change initiatives, and adherence to regulatory and policy requirements. We work closely with business leaders to identify, measure, monitor, and mitigate all types of operational risks. This is accomplished by building strong partnerships, providing proactive and balanced control solutions and ensuring an optimized modern environment to promote control.
The Senior Business Program Manager role is under the Ops Control Leadership team which is a sub organization within Operational Services. The Senior Business Program Manager will initiate, develop, oversee and support implementation of programs and projects that support the overall Operational Services organization business objectives and short- and long-term plans. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management, strategic planning and business development.
The role will be the key driver in supporting key projects to Operational Services by providing business analysis, project management and implementation support, and also responsible for developing new initiatives and building strong relationships with key decision makers. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all levels of associates and leadership in which to deliver their analysis, gain support/funding and work with the business and technology to deploy agreed upon solutions. This is a self-paced, detail-oriented, environment that stresses project timelines maintaining balance between quality and efficiency. The person’s ability to build rapport quickly and leverage working relationships and to represent the strategic intent and influence outcomes of the organization across teams and the company will be critical for success in this role.
What you’ll do:
This role will be primarily responsible for various project management efforts and initiatives to support the Operations Control strategic initiatives. Key activities for the Senior Business Program Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Partners with the Managing Director and Operations Control Leadership team to formulate business cases, project charters and roadmaps to improve our control environment through the modernization of current processes.
- Produce detailed plans for the all phases of projects utilizing Microsoft Project that will form the base document to define roles, responsibilities and milestones; ongoing management of these phases of the project and maintenance of the implementation plan and other reporting documentation.
- Partners with the business and technology owners to review various control activities and working plans to eliminate or remediate potential control gaps and discrepancies found in operational processes.
- Plans, executes and closes projects on time, within budget and scope.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Organizes communication and training strategies with Directors and Managers to ensure initiatives are well described, defined, supported, and understood by our business partners.
- Guides team in the development of business requirements.
- Analyze upstream and downstream project dependencies; identify and apply risk mitigation steps to drive forward department initiatives.
- Methodic problem solving, including root cause analysis, solution development and next steps including prioritized implementation.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a project manager with demonstrated experience required; solid LEAN or Six Sigma experience a plus.
- BA or advanced degree required.
- Working project management knowledge and experience desired.
- Experience leading continuous improvement activities from ideation through execution.
- Strong business strategy mindset and is able to organize a team to execute against strategies.
- Skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects they oversee. Thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly analyze data and identify key insights and execute process improvements.
- Strong leadership skills – the ability to influence at all levels of the organization and gain support of business partners to execute on business unit objectives.
- Strong ability to understand and effectively communicate highly complex challenges/issues to various levels of business partners and leadership staff.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment under minimal supervision, maintaining effectiveness and efficiencies in day-to-day workload.
- Superior project management and the use of tools to provide coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability will be a key driver of success in this role.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Tableau data visualization experience a plus.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audiences.
- Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
- Ability to perform with insight, acuteness, and intelligence in the areas of commerce and/or industry. Make decisions and act in situations in which there is not enough information to be certain of outcome or implications of the decision.
- Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, Project Management-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, January 4, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018