Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Daniel Richard Monroe
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the SVP, Brokerage Products and Services, the VP of Alternative Investments will lead several service teams focused on providing custodial services for Alternative Investments that consist of private equity, hedge funds, real estate trusts, etc. for Advisor Services, Investor Services, and Schwab Bank clients. The VP will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a center of excellence focused on due diligence and asset acceptance policies for AI securities and all other asset classes at Schwab. Additional responsibilities include:
- Creating, maintaining, and owning the Custody Policy of Non-Publicly Traded Security Policy for CS&Co. and other legal entities across the firm; a Policy that seeks to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and mitigate Schwab’s exposure to litigation and fraud risk.
- Supporting the expanding demand to offer a variety of AI products―maintaining a strong offering of complex products in order maintain Schwab’s competitive position in the marketplace.
- Formulate objectives and priorities for the AI business, including the AI Custody policy, and articulate the priorities to senior level executives across the firm to gain alignment and support.
- Balancing the client experience and desires from the business partners with the overall risk framework to reach mutually beneficial conclusions.
- Developing teams that gain deep subject matter expertise around various securities with the ability to design and maintain processes that manage the various risk points.
- Overseeing and enforcing the firm’s AI Custody policy with the asset acceptance policy across all legal entities at Schwab.
- Proactively seek and detect opportunities to: drive technology enablement and utilization through Schwab’s technology infrastructure and our vendor, DST systems; advance Schwab’s leadership position in the AI industry through adoption of practices and technology that will meet our client outcomes; and foster an environment of continuous learning on the teams to drive both independent and platform change(s).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience overseeing operational and custodial processes within a diversified financial services environment at the leadership level.
- Deep capital market securities knowledge to support a marketplace that is made of non-publicly traded complex securities such as: private equity, real estate trusts, hedge funds, and other private funds.
- Asks tough questions and challenges the process while seeking out strong engagement from business partners across the enterprise. Fully understands the benefits of curiosity and enthusiastic innovation.
- Purpose driven leader who displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed including championing ideas, position or dissent.
- Ability to proactively synthesize information and fully develop insights to guide decision rights. Able to create a vision aligned with the goals and purpose of the business, demonstrating new thinking and encouraging new ideas and creativity across multiple functions.
- An exceptional communicator able to effectively persuade and influence across channels with a purpose. Competence in interacting with and influencing senior leaders across Operations and multiple account services, business partners, and cross functional senior leadership through innovative and creative means.
- Builds extremely strong relationships through collaboration across multiple levels of the organization motivating colleagues to get things done effectively; is sought out for counsel and feedback and contributes to cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Strong influence skills with the ability to shape, define and present a complete and thorough picture of Schwab’s Operations environment including developing thoughtfully-written action plans and clear/regular communication to executive management.
- Proven ability to find a balance in developing programs effectively meeting potentially differing regulatory requirements and expectations while being effective for business partners.
- Relationship-oriented and emotionally mature senior leader who manages complex, multi-stakeholder issues with resilience, embraces others’ perspectives and understands the limits to their own points of view.
- Exceptionally client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- BA/BS degree require―advanced degree preferred.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Thursday, January 11, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018