San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Development & Strategy team is a trusted advisor to executives and business leaders by providing thought partnership, strategic analysis, and insights. The group leads several key functions for Schwab to support informed decision making, including facilitating the annual corporate strategic planning cycle, managing the competitive intelligence function, and evaluating M&A transactions and strategic partnerships/investments. Corporate Development & Strategy supports the Board, C-suite, and senior leaders, providing an exceptional opportunity to work on the most important strategic topics while gaining visibility among Schwab’s senior leadership.
The Sr Associate is responsible for delivering high-value strategic projects, insights, and thought partnership across a range of topics, typically at the cross-enterprise or corporate level. He/she directly leads a small team as well as mobilizes resources across the firm, as appropriate.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage strategic project engagements with the CEO / CFO, enterprise partners, and/or or cross-enterprise constituents on topics including exploring growth opportunities, analyzing and framing strategic alternatives, supporting new business development initiatives, evaluating strategic partnership opportunities, and developing organizational roadmaps
- Proactively develop and maintain perspective on strategic implications of key developments in the external environment, industry trends, and competitor actions
- Play a key role in the firm-wide annual strategic planning cycle, which requires facilitation of executive strategic planning sessions and strong cross-enterprise consensus building and stakeholder management
- As needed, evaluate potential M&A transactions and strategic partnerships/investments
- Develop strong relationships across the firm and cultivate the team’s linkages with financial planning, capital planning, risk management, and the broader strategy community at Schwab
What you have:
- 8–10 years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate development and/or internal strategy function; prior experience in financial services preferred
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA and/or equivalent post-MBA level experience
- High degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity; comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing materials and effectively presenting to executive audiences
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills, with experience leading others both directly and indirectly
- Strong financial modeling skills and knowledge of financial/valuation concepts
- Expert user of PowerPoint and Excel, with ability to effectively guide/train team to develop expert level skills
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest / passion for the financial services industry and be personally and professionally aligned with Schwab’s vision and values
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018