Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Bank Risk, Enterprise Risk, Information Security Risk, Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk. Within each of these areas, we develop a framework for how much risk we are willing to accept as a firm and establish processes for identifying, evaluating, measuring, monitoring and reporting against that framework.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Operational Risk Management Validation & Control, this role will perform review and testing of Operational Risk Framework. Activities will include review of policies and procedures, review adherence to department standards, validation of Operational Risk Management (ORM) activities, documentation of test work performed, summarization and reporting of observations noted during reviews. This is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
- Performs Operational Risk Management (ORM) reviews across all Schwab business units
- Documents in a clear and concise manner the review and test work performed, with identification of exceptions that do not meet the requirements outlined in policies and procedures.
- Partners with the ORM leadership team to provide ideas to enhance the ORM program through industry trends, leading practices and regulatory guidance.
- Works with operational risk liaisons (ORLs) to understand the business unit key functions and corresponding processes and activities, risks, and controls in order to review the business units for reasonableness
- Oversees the escalation, communication, and closure of issues identified in the Operational Risk Management Validation & Control (ORMVC) program
- Tracks and reports out on ORM exceptions and ORM policy and procedure annual review and approvals
- Maintains procedures and methodologies supporting the ORMVC Review Program, including sampling techniques, quality standards, quality issue remediation and documentation requirements
- Assist in developing an annual ORMVC plan and is responsible for executing ORMVC projects assigned within timelines established in the plan.
- Develop a good working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions and ORUs to ensure that ORMVC Program is effective across all relevant risk groups
- Gathers information and produces reporting for the ORM department dashboard monthly and quarterly.
- Assist in Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) projects and other QA testing as needed
- Participates in ORM standing meetings for Emerging Risk, KRIs and Losses to stay current on ORM programs and provide validation input as needed.
- Assist with gathering data and providing information during Internal Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examinations of ORM.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in audit, SOX testing, operational risk management, or similar role;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required;
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Proficiency in risk and control data analysis, in particular, the ability to incorporate and understand mass information from a variety of sources to recommend a course of action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in communicating with senior executives;
- Self-motivated, able to bring projects and reporting to conclusion;
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to develop relationships with ORLs, ORM team and RCSA Admin. team
- Experience performing data analytics preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018