Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Controller's Department is looking for an Internal Controls and SOX Compliance Senior Specialist to provide internal control guidance and recommendations to process management and to perform audits of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting. This position reports to the Senior Team Manager, Financial Reporting and Compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Work with various process owners across the Company to create and update process documentation, flowcharts, and process risk assessments
- Create and execute test plans
- Provide testing results to process management
- Develop recommendations to correct control deficiencies and provide ideas for process improvements
- Prepare status reports for Corporate Controller's management and Executive Management
- Create management presentations for Disclosure Committee meetings
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA license preferred
- Early career in SOX, Audit, Compliance (1 to 3 years of related work experience)
- Detailed knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and COSO framework
- Some Big 4 public accounting experience or consulting preferred
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross functionally with internal and external constituents
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||Certified Internal Auditor - CIA, Certified Public Accountant - CPA
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Internal Audit
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver
Activation Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018