Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
The Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting (RDARR) team is situated in Corporate Risk Management (CRM). The team is responsible for identifying and defining strategic CRM technology initiatives that advance CRM's RDARR maturity. This position is for a Senior ETL/Big Data Engineer involved in the development, maintenance and documentation of an integrated data infrastructure for corporate risk analytics and reporting.
This will be an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
This role provides a terrific opportunity for someone who has the technical chops and wants to solve complex business problems. This role will be uniquely positioned to work with a variety of Risk teams to implement innovative data management solutions and functionality that provide direct business value while requiring proper IT best practices and controls.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the current risk data infrastructure for consolidating multiple data sources into a single source using ETL/ELT
- Provide recommendations on Big Data Technology usage and develop data flows in and out of the Big Data environment
- Establish productive relationships with internal business partners and information technology partners
- Own documentation of business logic and maintenance of procedures
- Develop complex SQL queries for small to large sets of data and lead query optimization efforts
- Understand process inputs, create solutions to automate data sources and apply data governance standards
- Support daily/monthly operations and troubleshooting of issues
- Design and architect artifacts using Data Modeling concepts
NOTE: Technical lead or experience managing developers is ok, but you must have hands-on development experience.
What you have:
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of related and demonstrable hands-on experience in a development role
- Experience in one or more ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx, or other tools with an understanding of best practices for building and designing ETL/ELT code
- Hands on experience with .NET or other programming languages developing custom tools
- Database development/engineering experience in one or all of the following databases: MongoDB, SQL Server, Oracle, or Teradata
- Strong scripting experience with Python/Scala
- Understanding of best practices for building an Enterprise Data Lake
- Hadoop and big data experience
- Hands on experience with any of the following: Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, YARN, REST, APIs and JSON
- Experience using Database Modeling Tools: Erwin or other tool
- Passion for data with a data warehousing or business intelligence background
- Strong data management, analytical, communication, and technical writing skills
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to bring projects to their conclusion
The following qualifications are not required, but highly desired:
- Sufficient understanding of the General Ledger (ex. Balance Sheet and Income Statement)
- Experience with SCM tools such as GIT, TFS, Jenkins and Bamboo is preferred
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs, IT-DBA-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Saturday, December 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018