Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting (RDARR) team is situated in Corporate Risk Management (CRM). The team is responsible for identifying and defining strategic CRM technology initiatives that advance CRM's RDARR maturity. This position is for a Data Engineer involved in the development, maintenance and documentation of an integrated data infrastructure for corporate risk analytics and reporting. This is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
This role provides a terrific opportunity for someone who has the technical chops and wants to solve complex business problems. This role will be uniquely positioned to work with a variety of Risk teams to implement innovative data management solutions and functionality that provide direct business value while requiring proper IT best practices and controls.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Support the current risk data infrastructure to consolidate multiple data sources into a single source using ETL
- Establish productive relationships with internal business partners and information technology partners
- Responsible for documenting business logic and maintaining procedures
- Develop complex SQL queries for small to large sets of data and lead query optimization efforts
- Understand process inputs and create solutions to automate data sources and apply data governance standards
- Support daily and monthly operations and troubleshoot issues
- Design and architect artifacts using Data Modeling concepts
What you have:
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a concentration with an analytical focus
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in one or more ETL Tools: SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx, or other tool with understanding of best practices for building and designing ETL code
- Database development or engineering experience in one or all of the following databases: SQL Server, Oracle, or Teradata
- Experience using Database Modeling Tools: Erwin or other tool
- Passion for data with a data warehousing or business intelligence background
- Strong data management, analytical, communication, and technical writing skills
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to bring projects to their conclusion
The following qualifications are not required, but highly desired:
- Sufficient understanding of the General Ledger (ex. Balance Sheet and Income Statement)
- Hands on experience with .NET or other programming languages developing custom tools
- Hands on experience with R/Python/Scala
- Familiarity with the Hadoop framework (NoSQL, Hive, Kafka) and/or other Big Data tools
- Experience with SCM tools such as GIT, TFS, Jenkins and Bamboo is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, IT-System Administration-2-5 yrs, IT-DBA-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018