Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Credit Research (CCR) team is situated within Market and Investment Risk (MIR) under the Corporate Risk Management (CRM) organization. CCR’s primary mandate is to ensure strong counterparty credit quality through fixed income research and credit analysis in support of the investment portfolios and other corporate needs. However, CCR also contributes to various regulatory initiatives, mainly related to credit, that stem from Schwab’s growth and the increasingly complex regulatory landscape. This has resulted in a unique opportunity within CCR to assist with the implementation of Advanced Approaches (AA) capital rules and other regulatory driven initiatives. Secondarily, this opportunity will allow the right candidate to participate in CCR’s core investment analysis function, covering a variety of corporate and (possibly) municipal credits.
What you’ll do:
Our Corporate Credit Research team is looking for a Manager to take an active role in preparing Schwab for regulatory capital requirements under Advanced Approaches. In this newly created position, the successful candidate will possess or develop a solid understanding of the AA rules and guidance and coordinate the program development efforts of CCR and other MIR groups. The Manager will take an active role in developing and implementing risk-weighting methodologies and calculations for various asset classes, including investment securities, securitizations, various loan portfolios, and other assets. In addition to the AA responsibilities, the Manager will also assess the financial condition of investment counterparties, which will include detailed financial analysis and research and significant writing to support investment recommendations. Candidates are expected to be experienced self-starters, be critical thinkers, and possess an ability to problem solve and meet strict timelines.
Additional responsibilities of the Manager will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with the management and coordination of AA preparations;
- Research and analysis of regulations and assessing the impact to Schwab;
- Coordinate and communicate with other internal groups, and outside consultants and experts; Assist with CCR’s contribution to Schwab’s investment portfolio impairment assessment and capital stress testing;
- Present findings, recommendations, and updates to senior management;
- Monitor compliance with regulatory controls and requirements;
- Analyze and monitor the financial condition of banks, vendor, municipal issuers, and other corporate borrowers; and
- Assist the broader CCR team in other areas as needed
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred, CFA designation (or progress toward) preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, either previous experience with AA or as an investment analyst covering individual companies.
- Background or familiarity with loss modeling techniques ideal, but not required.
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, to interact with business partners and senior management at Schwab.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and to work independently.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements and assignments.
- SQL experience a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Capital Markets-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, Investment Research-6+ yrs, Investment Research-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018