Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Operational Risk, our purpose is to governs, oversees, and continually improve the operational risk program through supporting and challenging business partners and raising risk awareness and understanding to improve risk based decision making. We look to minimize operational risk impacts across all of the firm and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
We do this through fostering a risk culture consistent with the core values of the firm of loyalty, One Schwab, operating discipline and innovation.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Managing Director of Data, Infrastructure and Reporting – Corporate Operational Risk department of Charles Schwab, the successful candidate will be responsible for production of reporting and documentation for all program level activities. These activities relate to Key Risk Indicators, Operational Risk Loss, Emerging Risk, and Scenario Analysis. A successful candidate will also be able to take program related data and draw insightful conclusions and raise those conclusions to management for discussion and action. This candidate will also work to assist the programs in maturing initiatives therefore a base line understanding of project management principals and utilization of those principals will be key to success.
Additionally, the candidate will work to ensure report processes are properly documented and that documentation stays up to date as the reporting needs of our programs change over time.
- Working with Corporate Operational Risk – Data, Infrastructure and Reporting team to support their routine reporting needs surrounding Corporate and Committee reports. This includes but is not limited to:
- Data acquisition either through systems or by reaching out to different subject matter experts to acquire data and then present that data for discussion. This data includes items
related to timeliness, accuracy, and completeness;
- Taking the above data and presenting it in a manner that is clear and drives action;
- Taking minutes at program meetings to ensure all decisions and actions are properly documented;
- Working with department management on tasks that relate to maturing the programs;
- Fielding of ad-hoc data and reporting requests related to program activities;
- Working to proactively identify areas of improvement;
- Working with Corporate Operational Risk – Framework Management and Support team to document all process related to the programs and identify areas of program enhancement.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in a role where report production crucial to success;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical skills;
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability in communicating with different business partners;
- Self-motivated and able to bring projects and reporting to conclusion;
- Ability to work in an environment where routine and schedule is vital to success;
- Prior experience in an environment where your team is in a different location;
- Moderate to Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint skills;
- Some VBA coding experience is desirable but not required;
- Scrum Agile methodology
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Corporate Staff-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018