Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab takes an innovative approach to investing in Fixed Income. We search more than 200 dealers to provide our clients with broad access to bonds at the best price available on our platform. We provide transparency in pricing for our clients by automatically providing price comparisons and showing the best prices available.
Our dedicated analysts and specialists provide market insight and one on one service to help our clients research the right bonds for their portfolios. There is no substitute for one-on-one guidance with an experienced professional. Additionally, we provide online research and commentary on a variety of current market conditions and investing fundamentals. We help clients at all stages of investing. Whether they are looking to diversify their portfolios, or ready to start drawing income from their savings we are here to help them find the right products to meet their needs and investing goals.
What you’ll do:
Bond Investment Specialists work with both new and existing clients. Efforts are focused on educating, researching and providing guidance for clients as it relates to their fixed income needs. Typical client needs in the Fixed Income markets can range from basic product information and trade execution, to more complex research and portfolio reviews. Bond Investment Specialists execute transactions based on client’s objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. General customer service inquires and operational functions are handled by representatives in this role as well. When identified, business development opportunities are referred to local Financial Consultants and/or Regional Bond Specialists for appropriate follow up. Support for the electronic trading channel will at times require outbound client contact, as will follow up during Schwab Bond Source (SBS) bid and offer process.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Series 7 & 63 required
- 3+ years of customer services experience along with 5+ years of financial services experience, ideally with an emphasis in Fixed Income.
- Excellent business development, relationship and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- In depth knowledge of all Fixed Income Products (Treasuries, CD’s, GSE’s, MBS’s, Municipals, Corporates, Preferred Securities, Bond Funds, etc.), yield curve analysis, convexity and duration, bond swaps, laddering techniques, and general portfolio analysis
- Bloomberg experience preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018