Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Compliance Solutions is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization and is responsible for providing B2B solutions focused on employee monitoring. We are looking for a dynamic Senior Manager to lead several of the ongoing projects and maintenance work as we modernize the compliance platform to the latest technologies. This position will be responsible for leading multiple agile teams and deliver high quality solutions that meet business objectives. The ideal candidate would be a self motivated and focused individual capable of leading and building high performing teams.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities including project delivery, people management and represent Compliance Solutions in broader forums in the organization. A high degree of collaboration across a variety of domains and stakeholders is needed to ensure delivery of our commitments with high quality. The candidate must possess a solid development background in the below listed technology areas to effectively provide oversight and guidance to the scrum teams and facilitate technological decisions.
What you have:
- 8+ years of technology experience; 5+ years of experience managing a development team
- At least 5 years of technology oversight and management of all aspects of enterprise applications including project delivery, security, capacity and scalability
- Experience with managing applications in public/private cloud environment
- Experience with monitoring and automation of large scale systems including experience in Splunk and AppDynamics
- Demonstrated experience with security standards and development
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in continuous delivery/continuous integration techniques
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment
- The ability to lead delivery with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter that can manage multiple priorities concurrently with minimal direction
- Ability to anticipate future risks and take mitigating steps
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and HipChat preferred
- Experience with Pivotal cloud foundry is a big plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, December 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018