Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Credit, Market, and Investment Risk; Enterprise Risk; Information Security Risk; Model Risk, Operational Risk; and Deposits & Payments Risk. Our Deposits & Payments Risk team manages the risk of loss in deposit and payment services offered through Schwab Bank and Brokerage affiliates.
What you’ll do:
The Sr. Manager of Risk Intelligence is Charles Schwab’s Super-User for the Actimize Integrated Fraud Management (IFM) platform. As such, this professional knows equally well the Actimize IFM user interface, as well as financially-based, risk management objectives. Both aspects combine to
- Optimize the Charles Schwab client experience and
- Minimize risk to client and company assets.
As the Schwab IFM expert, you are the driver of this primarily GUI-based tool. Your Actimize-specific experience allows you to work efficiently, responsively, and without error across multiple IFM modules including Policy Manager, Risk Case Management Designer and the Analytics Authoring Environment (AAE).
More strategically, you are a highly interactive team member. Understanding the Charles Schwab business and regularly meeting with your Risk Department colleagues allows you to translate their analyses into executable IFM strategies. Your comfort with risk scoring financial transactions for both payments and deposits, within banks and broker-dealers, across channels such as web and mobile, over rails like wire and ACH, empowers you as an action-oriented Technologist. In short, you are the hands-on expert who successfully operates this advanced, intelligent software to preferred risk outcomes.
- Fully share in the responsibility to optimize the Client/Brand experience while helping to manage risk, minimize fraud and meet key performance metrics
- Be a thoughtful, key contributor to risk and fraud strategy discussions
- Take a dynamic approach to meeting with your Risk, Technology, Operations and Vendor partners
- Leverage deep, Actimize IFM experience to manage fraud prevention and anomaly detection
- Work hands-on in:
- Actimize IFM Policy Manager to author fraud prevention policies, build and queue compound strategies and define decisions (E.g., Authenticate, allow, decline, hold, SMS, refer).
- Actimize IFM, Analytics Authoring Environment (AAE) to develop and maintain various objects, E.g.;
- Basic programming logic (E.g., If-then, where, etc.)
- Mathematical functions and operators
- Predictive model scores
- Actimize IFM Administration to maintain features such as:Actimize IFM Risk Case Designer to develop intuitive functionality and process flow
- Audit trails
- Actimize IFM Risk Case Designer to develop intuitive functionality and process flow
- Ability to scale-up Actimize IFM with new money movement services and lines of business
- Embrace and own your role as Charles Schwab’s Actimize IFM, hands-on expert
What you have:
- A genuine interest in protecting Charles Schwab client and company assets
- Five to ten years of Risk Management and Fraud Prevention experience
- Three to five years of hands-on experience with Actimize Integrated Fraud Management (IFM) software:
- Policy Manager
- Analytics Authoring Environment (AAE)
- Risk Case Manager
- Administrative features
- Big Data Bridge
- Particularly within Actimize IFM;
- Knowledge of financial transaction, risk scoring / anomaly detection models
- High level of comfort moving and transforming data
- Ability to navigate instances such as development and production
- Experience with Tableau reports and dashboards
- Experience testing/back-testing features and strategies
- Good understanding of:
- Mathematical and statistical concepts
- General data manipulation
- Business reporting and dash-boarding
- Financial transactions and their attributes:
- Some knowledge of:
- Data Sciences, including predictive modeling and machine learning
- Enterprise-level Big Data environments
Required: B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, InfoTech or related field
Preferred: MS/MBA in Finance, Economics or similar analytical/technical field
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-System Administration-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, IL - Chicago, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Dallas, FL - Orlando, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, December 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018