Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
This is a critical position within Corporate Risk Management, responsible for assessing and reporting on market and capital risk across all entities of the Charles Schwab Corporation, including Charles Schwab Bank. The position requires working with senior leadership, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis and various regulatory organizations to develop and communicate market and investment risk across Charles Schwab Corporation. Our internal title for this role is Senior Manager, Market and Capital Risk and it is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
- Perform Interest Rate Risk and Capital Risk analysis for Charles Schwab Corporation
- Perform a number of detailed market and stress scenario analyses to assess market and capital risk
- Present and communicate net interest revenue, economic value of equity and capital risk scenario results to senior management on a regular basis
- Value fixed income, mortgage and derivative securities
- Generate risk metrics that are reported to a number of senior management risk committees
- Work with various quantitative groups to enhance models for fixed income instruments, interest rate, deposit products and prepayment speeds from a risk perspective
- Provide insight into model functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- Maintain documentation of modeling assumptions and methodologies
- Produce presentation materials targeted at varying types of audiences
What you have:
- 4+ years of experience in banking or insurance with an emphasis on a combination of ALM, fixed income analytics, derivative valuation and capital adequacy assessment
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred. Degrees in Finance, quantitative field or CFA designation preferred
- Experience with 3rd party ALM applications such as, Polypaths, Bancware or QRM
- Relevant treasury or risk experience
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Self-motivated and able to bring projects to their conclusion and maintain models with persistent inquiry
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior CCAR and/or DFAST filing and modeling experience is desired but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA. Experience with SQL is desired but not required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Banking-2-5 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018