Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701B, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Managing Director will oversee, support and challenge the design, implementation and maintenance of operational risk practices within assigned business unit (s), as well as managing a group of operational risk professionals. Activities will include overseeing the maintenance of key risk profiles, risk and control self-assessments, loss data collection, key risk indicator monitoring, risk appetite monitoring, scenario analysis, and other components that may support the operational risk management (ORM) framework. The incumbent will also oversee our continuous improvement, identifying and implementing better, more efficient operational methods. This will allow us to constantly and incrementally grow more efficient, and help our business partners better.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a small team of operational risk staff (3-5) dedicated to liaising with Operational Services and Schwab Technology Services.
- Achieve alignment of activities, strategy and direction for your area of responsibility.
- Review the execution of all risk framework components from a continuous improvement standpoint.
- Partner with Business Unit management to determine more effective and efficient ways to manage operational risk.
- Partner with ORM management and staff to achieve continuous improvement.
- Overseeing the important work being done from a liaison perspective and serve as mentor and point of escalation.
- Liaise with, collaborate and influence senior level business partners in order to best help them manage their risk.
What you have:
- 8+ years of experience in operational risk management, audit or similar role.
- 3+ years people managing experience.
- A Bachelors Degree required.
- Risk management principles, methodologies and tools, and governance principles and activity in a financial services environment.
- Experience with brokerage operations and technology in a financial services environment, and a firm understanding of how risks in these areas manifest themselves.
- A firm grasp on operational risk data management and analysis, in particular, the ability to incorporate and understand mass information from a variety of sources to recommend a course of action.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in communicating with senior executives and regulators.
- Self-motivated, able to take ownership of issues and bring them to conclusion.
- Strong interpersonal skills/ability to develop relationships with peers in business unit and central risk management group.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Internal Audit, Regulatory, Banking-6+ yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018