Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) effectively identifies, measures, and manages risk across all subsidiaries and affiliates to support Schwab’s strategic and business objectives. The ERM Framework and governance structure enable a comprehensive approach to managing risks encountered by Schwab in its business activities. The ERM team has well-developed risk-management practices and systems of controls that integrate decisions on strategy, risk-appetite setting, and capital planning across Schwab.
What you’ll do:
Our Enterprise Risk Management Team is looking for a Director to support their growing team. The Director will establish and manage programs or initiatives needed to achieve a higher level of maturity for ERM, such as the annual ERM framework and roadmap refresh, new products risk management and incentive compensation risk management. The Director will create and maintain policies and procedures, prepare executive communication and white papers, and work with the relevant risk management and governance committees to fulfill job responsibilities. The Director will report to the V.P. ERMPO, Head of Enterprise Risk Management and this is an individual contributor role.
As a Director, you may be required to take on a role within any of the programs and initiatives within ERMPO. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Plan, organize and execute the annual refresh of the ERM Framework and Roadmap, including facilitating the workshops, proposing new components, and editing the documents.
- Update and maintain the ERM Framework and Roadmap as needed for business, regulatory and market changes.
- Create, establish and maintain other firm-wide programs related to risk management, corporate governance or regulatory response as decided by the V.P. ERMPO, including drafting and managing approval of underlying policies.
- Lead and manage the new products and services program to effectively document and monitor related risks, including:
- Establish and maintain policies, processes and procedures reflecting the program.
- Facilitate effective risk assessments of new products and services, both pre-launch and post-implementation, to evaluate if they align with the Firm’s strategic direction and established risk appetite.
- Assist the product sponsors as needed to drive consistency in documentation of risk assessments and reporting.
- Assist the product sponsor in the committee approval process for implementation of new products and services.
- Establish and maintain policies and processes to effectively manage risk to the Firm arising from incentive compensation programs, including:
- Prepare materials for, facilitate and document decisions arising from the relevant management and governance committees.
- Update and manage the program as needed to reflect business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare materials, escalate risks and issues to, and document decisions arising from relevant management and board governance committees.
- Escalate significant risk issues to the appropriate risk committee and monitor corrective actions to address issues, where needed.
- Display and utilize knowledge of industry oversight bodies, guidelines, laws, and regulations to analyze level and type of risk impact to the Firm from new products and services, organizational changes and changes in regulation and operating environment.
- Be the primary advocate, subject matter expert, and resource for the organization with respect to ERM-specific policies and procedures and assist with the creation of training or support provided, as deemed necessary, to various stakeholders in order to drive awareness and understanding of enterprise-wide risk.
What you have:
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise risk, operational risk or product compliance with a total of over 12 years of professional experience. Or an advanced degree, 5 years of risk experience and a total of 8 years of professional experience.
- Financial services industry and risk management experience required, preferably in a risk, audit, or compliance role.
- Experience in preparing and presenting materials to an executive level audience.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to effectively manage several projects at once and identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, document editing and storyboarding skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally - approximately 10%.
- BA/BS degree. MBA strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with leading teams related to financial services risk management, corporate governance, policy management, operational risk or reviewing enterprise-wide risks in a compliance or audit capacity.
- Knowledge of product risk management or launching or new products.
- Knowledge of incentive compensation practices in financial services.
- Sharp critical thinking skills (creative, strategic, and practical), ability to focus on the most vital areas, problem-solving skills, and strong business and relationship judgment.
- Adept at communicating at all levels with the ability to constructively engage a diverse group of people in a productive dialogue.
- Adept at keeping up with industry and risk management evolution, and conceptualizing risk management principles into policy statements and program directives.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to inform and persuade both orally and in writing. Should be able to facilitate meetings with senior executives.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Visio; working knowledge of SharePoint and risk reporting software packages.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, TX - Dallas, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018