Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Through Clients’ Eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkic76FWat8
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) effectively identifies, measures, and manages risk across the Firm consistent with its strategy framework. The ERM team has well-developed risk-management practices and systems of controls that connect decisions on strategy, risk-appetite setting, and capital planning in an integrated manner. The team promotes transparency, and provides mechanisms for increasing risk awareness and incorporating risk considerations in decision-making across the Firm.
Our Enterprise Risk Management Program Office is looking for a Senior Manager to support their growing team. The ERM Program Office is responsible for both the ERM Framework that supports Schwab's risk management activities as well as the ERM Strategic Plan which provides a roadmap for the long-term direction of ERM. The ERM Program Office also has responsibility for Key Risk Policy maintenance, aggregate ERM Reporting, the New Products and Services Risk Assessments Program, the Incentive Compensation Risk Management Program, an effective challenge role in the capital stress testing process, regulatory coordination and CRM communications.
What you’ll do:
- Creation of status reports on key ERM initiatives for presentation to regulators, senior executives, and Board level committees.
- Coordinate processes to effectively document and monitor new products and services risk decisions, and governance and maintenance of key risk policies.
- Conduct research related to ERM Framework, standards, and financial services industry practices as assigned by the Managing Director of ERM Program Office and the presentation of results in an actionable format.
- Assist with the creation of stakeholder training and/or support as deemed necessary to drive awareness and understanding of ERM, and associated programs.
- Assist with the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process for the ERM Program Office
- Assist in creation of top quality PowerPoint presentations for delivery to internal executives, external parties, and regulators.
- Other projects as assigned by the Managing Director of ERM Program Office.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of risk management or internal audit experience preferred (8 years of professional experience preferred); alternatively, an advanced degree with four (4) years of risk management and a total of 7 years of professional experience.
- Familiarity with the financial services oversight bodies, guidelines, laws, and regulations and the ability to review regulatory requirements and analyze risk impact to the organization and document conclusions.
- Financial services industry experience is required.
- Strong project management skills along with the ability to effectively manage several projects at once and identify and implement process improvements.
- Sharp critical thinking skills (creative, strategic, and practical) along with the ability to focus on the most vital areas
- Problem-solving skills, and strong business and relationship management abilities.
- Experience creating documents and reports for executive level audiences.
- Excellent document editing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Prior experience in policy management, operational risk, new product risk, board level reporting, or risk assessments.
- Adept at communicating at all levels with the ability to constructively engage a diverse group of people in a productive dialogue.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to inform and persuade both orally and in writing. Should be able to facilitate meetings with senior executives.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and risk management software packages.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018