Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for Senior Manager for our Enterprise Batch processing - Production Control. Enterprise Batch services team is responsible for scheduling, monitoring and execution of mission critical batch processing on distributed and mainframe platforms. This includes over 1.6 million jobs executed, over 100,000 files transmissions monthly.
Reduce span of control
Conversion from CA ESP to BMC Control-M
What you’ll do:
As a Sr Manager, Technical Support you will be responsible for product support, Production Control, mainframe and distributed batch processing across multiple applications and work closely with application support teams. A successful candidate will be passionate about partnering with our application support and development teams and examining data to find the best solutions with a focus on continuous process improvement.
The individual candidate must be highly motivated with a proven track record of success in working in a large scale data center environment. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in all phases of batch design and engineering across mainframe and distributed server platforms.
This candidate will also have strong ability to set priorities with the focus on meeting critical production support, customer deliverables and project commitments. This candidate will be expected to work closely with engineering and application development teams across multiple organizations to design and implement technical solutions in order to support the requirements of our growing business. This person is expected to be self-motivated, to lead and provide directional support to Production Control through day-to-day interaction and on-call support.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience with running medium to large projects with multiple dependencies.
- Knowledge of the financial industry.
- Professional experience building Production Control teams and improving batch processes.
- Focus on continuous process improvement and implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute and maintain strategic goals and metrics.
- Strong knowledge of Control-M and or other scheduling tools such as CA ESP.
- Experience with batch tooling conversion.
- Experience hiring exceptional technology staff.
- Ability to coach, manage and grow staff.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from staff while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Assesses training needs and selects training tools for team members.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of batch components.
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of batch processing.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of technical and management levels and will have proven leadership abilities.
- Must demonstrate ability to resolve business and service impacting problems while evaluating all alternatives with focus on service restoration..
- Must be able to build skills in staff through cross-training and mentoring, taking every interaction as an opportunity to learn or teach.
- Excellent at gauging customer impact and escalate with the appropriate sense of urgency.
Additional Skill Areas:
- Problem Solving
- Presenting Technical Information
- Process Improvement
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018