Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Enterprise Batch Services team has an opening for a Technical Director to lead efforts of technology strategy, architecture and IT plans and road map for batch processing at Schwab. This position will play a key role in driving change and modernizing batch processing. We are in the process of modernizing our infrastructure and processes and looking for a change agent who will thrive in leading, influencing, challenging the status quo and, inspiring and collaborating with a team of highly motivated and talented technicians.
What you’ll do:
Technical Director will provide:
- Implementation advice
- Vendor interaction
- Interaction with application and development teams for items suce as automation, CI/CD etc.
- Coordinate batch processing / data flows across domains
- Help establish standards and best practices
- System architecture and design for scheduling tool
- Collaborate with capacity and performance team
What you have:
This technical leader will play an integral role in providing technical direction on future state architecture for Enterprise Batch processing . The successful candidate will work with application and development teams to define and develop roadmaps to progress and transform the technology landscape and ensure scalable, high performance and modernized batch platforms. They will participate in planning and implementation efforts, interfacing with vendor, business and technology leaders and directing a multi-disciplinary technical team and participating as a hands-on contributor when needed.
- Establish Enterprise Batch strategy, architecture and roadmaps in alignment with the business values, vision, and priorities of the firm.
- Provide direction on architecture and design decisions including solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build, on or off premise, private, public or hybrid cloud, project estimations, technology selection and high level technical design.
- Fully leverage the technology for future solutions and designs
- Collaborate with other Enterprise, Information Security architects, Application and Infrastructure architects on overall roadmap and priorities
- Work closely with engineers and other Schwab technology and application groups in the execution of testing, release process and best practices implementation
- Work with the application architects to set the standards and designs to be used as part as solution delivery for our enterprise batch processing
- Develop and foster cross organizational relationships with application, infrastructure and business unit team members
- Mentor, influence, and share knowledge across all levels of the organization
- Communicate overall vision, strategy, and roadmap to business counterparts
- Collaborate with leadership to manage business stakeholder expectations effectively
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within the organization.
- Influence Test Driven and Behavior Driven development practices and Quality Engineering.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018