Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Market Data Development Engineer,designs, programs, tests, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet related computer programs. As a member of an Agile team, you will play multiple roles that include the development, execution and support of automated testing solutions. This is an entry level Software Development Engineer role, and development or Quality Assurance experience is desirable. However, recent graduates demonstrating technical competency and desire to pursue a career in test engineering will be considered.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other Test Automation Engineers to plan, design, manage, report and prioritize software test automation solutions along with Dev and QA engineers across CTS.
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams through script automation
- Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous automation Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation of automation scripts through various programming languages supported by the firm.
- Build and enhance the existing automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort and help automation work within a continuous integration framework.
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical support and work closely with offshore QA Automation teams to create agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab’s SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems Network with other Automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement
- Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories
- Work with the developers with robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CI/CD test automation as needed
- Partner with developer during development phase to understand and help verify acceptance criteria
- Create and execute automated and manual test cases in support ofPartner with the developer in the confirmation and resolution of bugs identified within the user story or task
- Functional Test
- System / Regression Test
- Performance Test
- Communicate with external teams during integration testing to confirm stability of environments
- Capture and coordinate with developer on issues identified during 3rd party integration testing
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related field
- 1+ years or experience (negotiable for qualified entry level applicants) of hands on application programming (College level project experience is considered) and/or test automation experience in participating and/or leading test Automation delivery of software projects
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning Strong programming, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Ability to multi-task easily working on numerous work efforts
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum, iterative development methodology and /or Rational Unified development methodologies is preferred
- Proven technical competency in an OOP language such as C#/.NET/Java or any other scripting experience or knowledge
- Experience or foundational exposure to the Software Development Life Cycle and agile development practices is a plus
- Experience with Atlassian tools (jira, git, bitbucket) a plus
- Experience to boost or NUnit a plus
- Exposure to test automation tools such as MS Coded UI within MS VSTS TFS tool (including Microsoft Test Manager) or other industry leading tool sets such as Selenium is a plus
- Experience in developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2018