Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Web Solutions Production Operations & Support Team provides support for Schwab’s web based trading platforms with a firm focus on service availability through sound operational process, service restoration and problem management procedure. Success is measured by enabling our investors to manage their financial future. This position is an associate level position for a web solutions production support team.
What you’ll do:
As a member of the production support team your responsibilities will include monitoring our platforms’ availability, performance, and triaging of incidents. You will administer mission critical application environments that require 100% uptime. You’ll provide strong customer advocacy, and continuous process improvement focus is a must. Demonstrate ability to resolve business and service impacting problems. Evaluate all alternatives and consult with other technical members of the organization is a requirment. A successful candidate will possess a desire for collaborating between development and operations staff throughout all stages of the development life cycle. Continuously striving to identify areas for improvement that contribute availability and operational manageability.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years of experience in an application/production support team and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
This position requires a high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with peers and business partners.
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2008/2012 operating systems, SQL, IIS.
- General knowledge of Windows infrastructure, Active Directory, Powershell and Server administration.
- Scripting experience (strongly desired).
- Experience supporting a multi domain web platform, IIS, .NET applications.
- Experience with a software development IDE such as Visual Studio. Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM).
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Committed to Excellence
- Emotionally Mature
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, December 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018