Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
A member of the Corporate Controller’s Department, Revenue Accounting is responsible for the financial books and records of Charles Schwab Corporation, and related subsidiaries. This includes accounting for the Company’s revenues from asset fees, net interest income and trading income. Functions of Revenue Accounting include: recording income statement and balance sheet transactions, general ledger reconciliation, monthly, quarterly and annual close and analysis, and ad hoc related financial reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain the books and records for assigned areas of Charles Schwab Corporation in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare income statement and balance sheet analysis.
- Prepare schedules for the monthly financial close package which is presented to senior management.
- Prepare stand-alone financial statement packages for affiliated entities.
- Look for opportunities to enhance controls and streamline accounting processes.
- Support external, internal, and SOX audits, and regulatory exams.
- Lead, develop, and manage one team member.
- Ad hoc initiatives.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5-7 years GAAP accounting experience, including specific experience with the monthly financial close at a medium to large company.
- Relevant broker dealer or revenue accounting experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid Excel working knowledge.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- PeopleSoft experience a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, December 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, January 19, 2018