Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville Street, 27601-1701
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every clientrsquo;s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of lsquo;own your tomorrowrsquo; every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Senior Staff, Software Application Engineer in the Reliability Engineering team who shares our passion for technology, innovation, and excellence. You will help build a more sustainable platform through the development of systems that analyze our environments, predict future problems and actively support the production environment for an ideal client experience.nbsp;
What your will do:
We are looking for skilled engineers with disciplines that incorporate aspects of software engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to develop better ways of managing production events and predicting the future our platform.
Addressing the future problem will entail designing systems that are specific to our platform and also meet Schwabrsquo;s site reliability engineering standards. These automated systems will collect, monitor and analyze the operations of an active and quickly growing enterprise-scale platform with full-time availability.
Reacting to production events means that you will apply your experience and problem-solving approach to live incidents. Handling these situations requires communication, quick-thinking, a commensurate sense of urgency, and composure in a sometimes tense and time-sensitive environment.
During any given day, you may find yourself:
- Identifying opportunities to build innovative tools and solve unique operations problems.
- Creating apps or scripts to automate operational tasks and incorporate the solutions into our platform.
- Receiving alerts and performing triage to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
- Coordinating with release management to understand the impact of deployments in production.
- Participating in an on-call rotation.
- Collaborating with support and development teams.
- Analyzing problems in the environment with a mind for restoration of service now and automated prevention in the future.
- Working closely with your team lead and other staff to become educated on the wide array of systems and their interdependencies.
- Communicating across the organization to maintain awareness, direct restoration efforts and identify situationally appropriate knowledge workers.
- Identifying existing metrics and monitoring systems to prevent duplication of effort.
- Elevating awareness of the importance of availability of our platform.
- Speaking with confidence during conference calls of 50+ participants.
You must be self-motivated with a drive to gain a deep understanding of the systems. You will seek answers from subject matter experts in a variety of positions from architects to support staff, business leaders to technically minded developers.
You must be ready and able to change your focus quickly as the environment can be quite dynamic at times. Team members also find themselves questioned often about the nature of the platform given our uniquely available, universal view of our systems.
You will obtain a sense of ownership in the continuity of operations of the platform.
What you have:
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft .NET technologies, specifically using C#
- Excellent debugging skills across a variety of integrated platforms
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the desire and ability to explore and understand difficult concepts inside large architectures
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- BS, MS or equivalent real-world work experience in computer science or related technical field
What your will get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab amp; Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Monday, December 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018