Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville Street, 27601-1701
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Senior Staff L2 engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation, and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. As a L2 engineer you will help us build a more sustainable platform by analyzing and resolving production incidents, as well as developing systems to reduce toil and improve our abilities to proactively address any future issues. The candidate will work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and other platform team members to help build a stable platform now and for the future. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop solutions which not only improve their own lives but also the lives of our development teams as they build new solutions for our customers.
What you’ll do:
This is a Tier 2 support leadership position that requires a broad range of development capabilities, technological breadth and leadership experience. The Senior Staff Developer will be responsible for contributing to a development production support team as well as guiding and mentoring junior team members.
The position will be a combination of working with application developers to inherit application details for support, investigating and resolving production issues, enhancing product stability and DevOps capabilities as well as providing documentation for Tier 1 support. The candidate should possess excellent leadership and multitasking skills - this is a very dynamic environment and will require juggling multiple tasks simultaneously.
As team technical lead, the candidate will also be responsible for guiding, mentoring and developing junior team members. In addition, the candidate may be required to report and present status to senior leadership when addressing high profile issues or projects.
What you have:
- Required Coursework and/or experience successfully developing applications for Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
- Excellent debugging skills across a variety of integrated platforms Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Coursework and/or experience developing services – preferably REST services
- Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well engineered design
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures.
- Coursework and/or experience programming to databases
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group
- Experience developing hosted client server applications
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Monday, December 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018