Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Managing Director of Business Continuity will be responsible to lead efforts in the Corporate Business Continuity and Incident Management (BCIM) program office. The successful candidate's responsibilities also include Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy and framework initiatives across the firm.
What you’ll do:
This people leader role involves in overseeing all program office activities within the BCIM program. Responsibilities include framework strategy and development including maintaining the policy and supporting procedures, monitoring emerging trends, road mapping strategic initiatives, managing projects within a portfolio, reporting program progress, and overseeing budgetary commitments.
- Partner with the Business Continuity leads to develop program maturity roadmap and integrate the current framework in alignment to the maturity model. Monitor and communicate emerging trends, developments, and best practices affecting the business continuity domain, which may include benchmarking with industry groups and regulatory expectations or guidance
- Apply robust program management skills across one or more business continuity domain areas including Business Recovery, Technology recovery, Third-party Recovery, and Incident & Crisis Management
- Provide assurance that BCIM team policy, procedures, and controls are consistent with industry regulations, standards, and best practices
- Manage BCIM team projects that align to annual objectives and program maturity
- Apply stakeholder management skills to improve project alignment, priority conflict resolution and resource management
- Craft and deliver messages to executives and peers regarding key initiatives, plans, results and issues
Metrics & Reporting
- Prepare, compile and present ad-hoc and periodic senior executive reporting regarding the BCIM program
- Ensure the integrity of reporting methods and data used in BCIM
Financial Planning/Chief of Staff
- Interface with BCIM Team annually in order to facilitate the preparation of team budget
- Manage, monitor, and report BCIM operational expenses, headcount projections and budget variances (actual to forecast)
- Identify development / training needs within the team and partner with individual leaders to promote subject domain expertize within the team.
- Prepare responses for internal audits and external exams regarding questions pertinent to the BCIM program
- Manage requests from regulatory and other outside audit/examination parties
What you have:
You are an experienced risk management professional with specific focus on business continuity in the financial sector, accustomed to running programs with a significant scope of responsibility. You have been a business continuity individual contributor in your career. You have a track record of delivering initiatives on time and on budget to expectations. You have extensive experienced in developing strategic roadmaps and supporting frameworks. Your communications skills are excellent and you are able to establish relationships across the enterprise. You have the ability to inspire others to achieve greater goals.
- 10+ years of combined experience in business continuity, program management, and risk management with specific focus in Financial industry
- A minimum of 5 years experience facilitating crisis management for a wide variety of physical, operational, technology, and cybersecurity incidents is needed
- Proven experience in leading Business Continuity program in financial industry and building maturity models including (but not limited to) strategy, framework and management reporting
- Strong project management experience and the ability to orchestrate multiple cross functional initiatives simultaneously partnering with a variety of stakeholders across management layers
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Advanced Business Continuity certification, Project Management Certification or Six Sigma or lean certification highly desired
- Rich experience in data, analytics and metric based reporting across all management layers
- Ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace
- Experience with Business Continuity planning software
- Ability to execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrix organization effectively
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to executive level audiences
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical team members in a team environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Internal Audit, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, IL - Chicago, AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, December 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018