Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Operational Risk, our purpose is to governs, oversees, and continually improve the operational risk program through supporting and challenging business partners and raising risk awareness and understanding to improve risk based decision making. We look to minimize operational risk impacts across all of the firm and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
We do this through fostering a risk culture consistent with the core values of the firm of loyalty, One Schwab, operating discipline and innovation.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Managing Director of Data, Infrastructure and Reporting – Corporate Operational Risk department of Charles Schwab, the successful candidate will be responsible for building out a data quality program. This program will include:
- Processes to identify of Operational Risk data issues concerning both data quality and accuracy
- Processes regarding remediation of those issues
- Suggestions around improvement of process to lessen potential future issues
- Processes regarding the reporting those issues to management, to include issues identified, how those impact us, and how we will improve over time.
The successful candidate will then be responsible for execution and maturity of that program for the foreseeable future
Additionally, the candidate may assist in developing data governance routines and performing data studies to identify noteworthy trends or patterns in the data that should be escalated to management.
Working with Corporate Operational Risk – Data, Infrastructure and Reporting team to build out and execute a data quality and accuracy program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Writing of procedures and creation of templates surrounding processes around data anomalies;
- Production of reports, per a schedule, by utilizing process related data in order to better inform decisions made by risk management;
- Execution of routine processes related to data quality and accuracy identification;
- Tracking to completion any issues identified for remediation, and in some cases performing self-remediation over those issues;
- Understanding any changes to current process and those may affect our data environment;
- Working with the Risk Data Aggregation Risk Reporting team to ensure our data is in line with standards that are being developed;
- Working with the Operational Risk Liaison team to remediate any data accuracy issues and to determine what constitutes a valid issue;
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- 3+ years experience in a role where data analysis was performed;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical skills;
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability in communicating with different business partners;
- Self-motivated and able to bring projects and reporting to conclusion;
- Ability to work in an environment where routine and schedule is vital to success;
- Prior experience in an environment where your team is in a different location;
- Advanced Excel skills and PowerPoint skills;
- SQL experience;
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables;
- Some VBA coding experience is desirable but not required;
- Scrum Agile methodology
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Sunday, December 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018