Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms (RIAs). In fact, Schwab has more advisor assets than our top three competitors combined. Schwab provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 7,500 independent advisory firms who custody approximately $1.4 trillion of assets with Schwab.
The RIA channel continues to grow at a fast pace and is expected to exceed wirehouse assets by the end of 2017. Further, the number of RIA firms over the past five years has increased by almost 60% and the RIA model is the preferred channel for advisors with $500M+ in assets under management.
What you’ll do:
You will be a part of Schwab Advisor Services’ Business Consulting Services (BCS) team. The BCS team creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting and education programs that help advisors establish and better manage their businesses, in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team’s success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that are implemented with new and existing advisors. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with advisors and the broader Schwab team to deliver a high-touch consulting experience that further differentiates our offering. With over 25 years of experience, we know there is no one-size-fits-all approach for serving independent financial advisors. Their needs are unique, and we offer individual guidance, support, and tools for advisors at every stage of their journey, from start-up through well established firms.
Hundreds of large financial advisors from the wirehouse, independent broker dealer, and other channels decide to make the transition to independence by becoming an RIA and starting their own firms. While the move may be positively ambitious, it comes with a major challenge that these advisors have never experienced: starting and managing their own business. Your role is to help navigate prospective advisors through the intricacies of this difficult transition and ensure that their firm is launched with a solid foundation that will enable it to succeed long into the future.
This role will consult with prospective clients on building a growing and sustainable practice with the engagement starting before they transition to independence. Primary responsibilities will include, guiding advisors on their options for building an independent business, modeling out the economics of their future business and introducing prospective clients to the ongoing consulting resources available to our clients
You will be seen as a Subject Matter Expert related to RIA economics and will leverage Schwab’s proprietary online RIA Economic Discovery Tool to support your consulting efforts. You will work with advisors to help them understand both the costs associated with launching their firm and the detailed proforma that was built based on their projected revenue and expenses.
In addition to providing guidance on economics, you will also play the role of ambassador for the larger Business Consulting Services and Education organization. You will share insights, ideas and best practices from other RIA firms, emphasizing the importance of benchmarking and highlighting how our BCS programs and colleagues are true differentiators in the choice of custodian.
What you have:
For you to succeed in the role, you will need to:
- Quickly establish a strong working relationship with the prospects where they respect your expertise, listen to your ideas and trust that you are looking out for their best interests
- Create a positive outcome so prospects are much better off having worked with you
- Build strong relationships with your Schwab virtual team as collaboration and internal partnerships are critical to your success
- Conduct thorough discovery and listen well so you can help the prospect model a business that meets their needs, goals and dreams, while also balancing Schwab’s strategic interests and goals
- Be a strong financial modeler. Be able to walk clients through pro forma income statement and cash flow models, as well as the assumptions and inputs used to build those models. Quickly recognize when the numbers do not seem right.
- Be creative and persistent in overcoming obstacles, as every prospect will bring their own set of challenges that may require unique solutions
- Be well organized and successfully lead multiple projects at once, knowing the next steps you need to take with each prospect, even though they may be at different stages in their development
- Be a positive instigator and make things happen, especially when it is easy to stall or delay
- Be a major reason why prospects decide to work with Schwab.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, relationship management, consulting or other client facing roles
- Have an Bachelor’s degree and a clear understanding of business fundamentals (e.g., financial statements, business functions, organization structure), MBA preferred
- Up to 25% travel as needed
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, FL - Orlando, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, December 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, January 21, 2018