Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
Lynette M Mannone
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Resource Planning Team is part of our Interaction Strategy & Support Organization. Members of this team are responsible for developing and gaining approval of business strategies that manage resources across all volume conditions to achieve service level goals, provide for staff development and minimize costs. Team members regularly build complex, interdependent action plans to match resources to forecasted requirements. These action plans occur from any point between the annual strategy phase and quarter hour incremental plans, coordinating across all necessary business partners to ensure execution. Resource Planning plays the role of decision support, bridging the gap between call center dynamics and numeric forecasts to practical realities of running the business; recognizing gaps and opportunities, framing the situation in clear language and providing viable options with related implications in a timely and compelling manner. Once a decision is made, Resource Planning is charged with leveraging partnerships across multiple areas to implement according to plan and escalate or course correct any deviations from plan.
What you’ll do:
The Resource Planning Team interprets staffing requirements to provide strategic recommendations that best align our financial professionals to client demand. Specific areas of ownership for the team include; forecasting attrition and hiring needs, development of long standing schedule designs, use of natural movement within this structure, and development strategies that ensure ongoing training needs are met for our representatives while maintaining a consistent speed to answer for our clients. A strategic understanding of workforce management practices, interdependencies and the ability to communicate and develop this understanding successfully with multiple learning styles is a must. Establishing & maintaining positive relationships with peers and our internal business partners is of critical importance to being successful within the culture at Schwab. This person will need to be flexible and able to prioritize work effectively to meet specific deadlines and manage interruptions without risking the overall success of the team. This will include supporting the Workforce & Analysis with queue work and other general responsibilities. The ability to tailor effective communications from the individual contributor to the SVP level is critical to success.
What you have:
- 3+ years of workforce management experience.
- Committed to a culture that nurtures loyalty, identifies innovative solutions and drives improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, build consensus and engage others to reach desired future state of the business, along with proven ability to participate in a team dynamic that accelerates themselves and business partners through change.
- Results and quality oriented with the ability to gather information interpret and evaluate it effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a fast paced and dynamic team with ability to quickly organize and manage multiple priorities and personality styles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including expert presentation and communication skills – both written and oral.
- Strong process management, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail is extremely important in this position.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- 2+ years of strategic workforce planning experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Genesys (CME) and Workforce Management software is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Schwab departments, products and services is a plus.
Hours of Operation are Monday - Friday 7am - 4:30pm MT
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more aboutLife@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018