Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Daniel Richard Monroe
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the SVP of Digital Investor Solutions group, the Vice President of Trading Platform Strategy and Management is responsible for developing the platform vision, strategy and roadmap that will allow Schwab to be a leader in providing
platform capabilities that attract, retain and grow actively trading clients. As a leader within Digital Services, the VP will drive end-to-end solutions that are scalable and leverageable wherever possible.
- Developing and overseeing the design and development of a best-in-class trading platform suite that will complement Schwab’s service, guidance and product offering to position Schwab as the leading provider for Active Traders.
- Supporting the new Digital Services enterprise in order to develop pinnacle digital experiences for all clients, seeking opportunities for end-to-end experiences and new approaches to development.
- Supervising all elements of the product and marketing mix: product features/functions; the sales and tech support for client experience; marketplace positioning and communications.
- Assessing needs and opportunities across web, mobile, downloadable and emerging technologies while managing day-to-day responsibilities for the current platforms including StreetSmart Edge, StreetSmart Central, StreetSmart.com and futures trading.
- Defining a clear and compelling vision of a trader digital experience in order to develop the long-term trader digital platform roadmap.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and working across the retail organization in order to promote and evangelize trader digital priorities.
- Driving implementation of trader platform initiatives while driving awareness and adoption of the trader digital capabilities to ensure business outcomes are clearly defined and achieved.
- Leading the team of product managers responsible for the day-to-day management of the suite of products and platforms to ensure regulatory compliance, reliability and meeting business needs while influencing and leading partners and stakeholders including field organizations, Legal and Compliance, and Technology.
- A minimum of 10 years in an executive leadership role managing Platforms Strategy with experience around digital transformation and services preferably within a diversified financial services environment.
- Results oriented leader who takes initiative and effectively distills strategy, analytics, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through to execution.
- An intimate understanding of trader needs and workflow and competitive platforms and translate that into distinctive technology solutions that position Schwab as a superior partner and advocate.
- Displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed, including championing ideas, position or dissent.
- Experience managing a significant budget and hiring plan with material enterprise-wide business impact maximizing the investment.
- Deep competencies involving the skillful technology and leadership needs around platforms and digital transformation strategy.
- Leverage strategic and analytical capabilities to make sound, timely decisions based on client and field input supporting and maintaining a strong production environment including evaluating risk versus expense versus the client experience.
- Able to act decisively in making solid, informed judgment calls in response to both the technological and critical regulatory environment and the day-to-day business issues.
- Extremely strong client relationship management and negotiation skills required with the ability to assess and effectively communicate processing capabilities and identify alternative solutions for clients and business partners.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence.
- Experienced in effectively assessing, selecting and developing talent for the firm; adept at providing balanced, direct and actionable feedback to employees. Experience managing multiple priorities and overseeing distinct teams with varied strengths.
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group; highly collaborative; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos.
- An undergraduate degree is required; Advanced degree preferred.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018