Henderson - NV, NV2360CC, 2360 Corporate Circle, 89074
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Senior Manager, Banking & Trust Services (BTS) Business Planning & Administration is a highly strategic and facilitative role that reports into the Managing Director of Bank Strategy and partners closely with the Banking & Trust Services Leadership team to plan and execute enterprise-wide initiatives. As a member of a team of advisors to the CEO, the Senior Manager of Business Planning & Administration is primarily responsible for supporting the CEO’s interactions with the Board, regulators, other executives/committees, as well as corporate and employee communications. In addition, this role will lead and manage special projects, as assigned. Additionally, the Senior Manager will help BTS leadership organize team events, support the creation of presentation materials, support enterprise-wide documentation/updates, oversee and participate in the strategic planning process, support leadership in board presentations, plan/draft enterprise communications, maintain a pulse on business and organizational issues, facilitate communications between teams/ business partners/stakeholders.
This role requires a highly resourceful and self-motivated individual who is very comfortable with ambiguity and able to easily flex between high-level strategy and detailed tactics. In addition, this role must be able to operate effectively through influence and collaboration, and deliver results through a balance of diplomacy and persistence.
What you’ll do:
- Work with senior leadership to define the business strategy for the Banking & Trust Services organization
- Plan leadership events to support the annual strategic planning process
- Support the CEO’s interactions with the board of directors, regulators, and other executives and committees, anticipating needs and ensuring all relevant presentations, documents, and reports are created and organized in advance
- Manage process to identify and execute on enterprise-wide initiatives to increase efficiency and improve the client experience
- Maintain a pulse on the BTS organization to help streamline business processes within the enterprise and align with organizations across the firm
- Support the BTS leadership team in raising critical issues to the CEO and facilitate the appropriate and timely communication of information and guidance required for decision making
- Lead enterprise programs within BTS, and coordinate across enterprises on monthly, quarterly and annual responsibilities such as business highlights and employee recognition
- Develop strong relationships across the BTS organization, as well as with key business partners and stakeholders across the firm
- Work closely with the CEO’s executive assistant to remain apprised of the CEO’s key meetings and commitments and anticipate and address preparations needed and/or potential issues
- Lead and manage special projects as assigned; perform other related duties as needed
What you have:
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with 10+ years of project management experience
- Adept at navigating in a highly matrixed organization and ability to implement initiatives across organizational boundaries
- Strong acumen of Banking and/or Financial Services regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills (especially PowerPoint); able to translate information and ideas in a crisp, concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong skills in diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to make progress independently
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas and plans into actions and tactics
- Highly professional attitude and behavior, including attention to detail and timelines, thoughtful preparation and punctuality
- Resourceful, creative problem solver, and ability to “get things done”
- Strong time management skills
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||NV - Henderson
Activation Date: Monday, April 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018