Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Wealth Management Technology Service Availability and Engineering group is responsible for the support of Robo-advisor applications and other intelligent systems that serve Schwab clients and advisors. As an Associate Engineer, you’ll be engaged in a dynamic, DevOps culture where you’ll collaborate with business partners and application developers to provide application and platform support and innovate automation, monitoring, and reporting solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Provide 24x7 support for Wealth Management Technology applications
- Triage, troubleshoot, and identify root cause of application and system issues in production
- Leverage existing tools and help develop new tools and requirements to improve mean time to restoration and time to root cause identification
- Collaborate with business partners and development teams to identify root cause, prioritize resolution, and identify backlog items for quality improvements
- Develop and improve existing monitoring and alerting systems with a focus on proactive issue detection and automated recovery
- Coordinate infrastructure maintenance activities, such as Disaster Recovery tests, OS currency, certificate renewals, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
What you have:
- 1-3 years experience with Windows systems administration
- Familiarity with Linux systems and CLI
- Some scripting/automation experience (Bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Understanding of SQL and ability to query for and troubleshoot data-related issues
- Understanding of DevOps principles and its role in the SDLC
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (Splunk, Zenoss, AppDynamics, Keynote)
- Understanding of Web Services technologies (REST, SOAP)
- Ability to context switch and react with appropriate urgency to service impacting events
- Great troubleshooting skills and system architecture familiarity
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a diverse audience including senior management
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and specifically experience with Kanban process
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Familiarity with non-relational database technology, specifically MongoDB is a huge plus
- Experience with cloud-based service models, especially PaaS
- Familiarity with CI/CD and test automation frameworks
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018