Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are seeking a Staff Network Engineer within the Network Services organization. The Network Engineer will be a key technical member of a diversified team of network engineering professionals. The candidate must have foundational knowledge of Blue Coat technologies, such as Proxy SG, Director/Management Center, Proxy AV, Content Analysis System (CAS), WebPulse and Data Leak Prevention (DLP).
What you’ll do:
Utilize Blue Coat Proxies, as well as Cisco and Juniper enterprise routers and switches for installation, configuration, and ongoing support. Vendor interaction and hardware implementation as related to network boundary devices and technologies. Enforce policies and procedures related to various aspects of network security. Troubleshoot web based applications by utilizing packet capture tools such as WireShark. Manage Customer timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful engineering project activities. Utilize performance monitoring and capacity planning software tools to model and analyze network systems. Participate in production support of core projects, including gathering and documenting requirements. Provide third level support in troubleshooting of network performance issues. Other responsibilities include Routing and Switch Engineering for capacity and performance analysis for LAN and WAN Utilization. Apply creative approaches and innovative thinking to the design of new and enhanced network architectures. Additional projects and tasks based on business needs.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years’ overall experience in telecommunications and networking.
- Proficiency and knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Access Control List (ACLs), VLAN, Quality of Service (QoS), and IP Routing.
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 8 and 10 and Web Browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) behavior and the ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Controller, Routing and Switch Engineering for capacity and performance analysis for LAN and WAN Utilization.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Splunk, network security and system security.
- Preferred certifications are BCCPA, CCNP and/or JNCIS-ENT.
- Understanding of Proxy specific statistics and metrics.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Visio and/or NetBrain for generating network diagrams.
- Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (“ITIL”).
- Demonstrated capacity for attention to detail as well as organization of self & others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service, time management, conflict resolution, and problem determination/resolution skills.
- Able to work with little direct supervision.
- Self-motivated, solutions oriented and pro-active.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment where team members may not be co-located.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, TX - Westlake, IN - Indianapolis
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, March 13, 2018