Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Business Empowerment & Risk Solutions is an independent group responsible for providing field and supervisory support through sales enablement, direct supervision, escalation, oversight, analysis and supervisory risk assessments, to Schwab’s Investor Services (retail) group. Our vision is to be a trusted independent partner of all Schwab stakeholders that promotes business growth through effective business support and risk management. We strive to improve business outcomes by providing and applying practical, consistent, effective and unbiased risk guidance that is grounded in a deep understanding of business goals as well as the regulatory and industry environment.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Team Manager, you will lead a team of Senior Managers with a focus on supporting acquisition efforts of our field partners and the Business Acceptance and Exception Process for the Investor Services (retail) group. The Sr. Team Manager is also responsible for building and modifying the oversight processes and tools required to manage the team’s workflow and reporting. This is a complex role that requires a candidate with considerable industry, supervisory and risk/control knowledge and the ability to understand inherent risks associated with higher risk client accounts/relationships, and exception requests. To be effective in this role, the Sr. Team Manager must be able to collaborate with all levels within the Schwab organization to analyze varied acceptance and exception requests, work with business partners to vet, and provide executive level case presentations.
- Provide leadership within and across teams/business as well as motivate and lead others
- Facilitate the Investor Services executive councils scoped with the acceptance and exception decision authority
- Identify patterns that may warrant modifications to existing processes
- Establishing productive relationships with internal business partners
- Perform risk assessments to assist in risk and reward identification for acceptance and exception requests
- Assisting with any other assigned duties
What you have:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent relationship management skills (negotiating, collaborating, influencing)
- Interest in creating change through process improvements, training and streamlining functions
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to adapt to changing business conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, team environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize business needs
- Active and valid Series 7 is required
- Active and valid Series 9/10 or 24 is required
- Active and valid Series 66 required(may be offered as a 60 day Condition of Employment)
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018