Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a Software Development Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
The focus of this role will be within our Order and Execution Management System (OEMS), which handles all equity, option and futures order flow for the firm and consists of a core routing and execution processing engine, external FIX connectivity to 12+ venues and a robust user interface used by our operational teams to manage the order flow. You'll have responsibilities to user interface enhancements as well as the server-side functions supporting the UI and will be working aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software releases.
What you’ll do:
- Design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of business solutions
- Codes and tests technical solutions, identify deficiencies and proactively recommends best practice technical solutions.
- Contribute to development and implementation of WCF services
- Ensures that all development practices are in compliance with employer's best practices policies and procedures
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines including Managers, Architects, Developers, Project Management, Test, Infrastructure/ and Production Support within and outside the organization
- Coding and testing of new modules based on technical specifications as needed.
- Maintenance of existing product code, as required.
- Support and maintain the company’s existing production software solutions and core technologies.
What you have:
- 3-5 years of experience successfully designing and deploying enterprise applications with C# and .NET in a multi-threaded application software development.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required.
- Candidate must have experience in writing the code for high performance, high scalability.
- Code quality improvement through design/code reviews and advanced debugging techniques.
- Proven Experience developing and maintaining highly scalable server-side distributed applications serving thousands client requests per sec.
- Experience in application development for reliability, scalability, performance, robustness, security, manageability, and maintainability/extensibility are very important.
- Strong coding skills, especially in the area of Object-orientation, with knowledge of design patterns and/or well-architected frameworks (like .NET).
- Knowledge of and adherence to best practices for bug free coding, unit-testing, etc. is a must.
- Knowledge of WCF and MVVM pattern, and skills in the areas of unit-testing, performance analysis, debugging, and Secure Software Development
- Experience creating own unit test programs to verify correct functioning of server applications and services.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, documentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Monday, December 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, March 12, 2018