Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Technology is part of the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization which is responsible for the company’s use of information technology including all telecommunications, operations and client and business applications.
CSIM Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. (CSIM) which is the investment advisor for Schwab’s proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and it includes Schwab’s exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $300bn in assets under management, of which $290bn are managed on a discretionary basis and approximately $11bn on a non-discretionary basis CSIM is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds.
This Staff position within CSIM Technology reports to the Managing Director and will provide technical expertise and direction for the Sales technology team specifically leading the Salesforce growth and usage for the CSIM Sales organization. The individual will play a key role in developing solutions sponsored by the Head of Sales and Client Relations.
What you’ll do:
This SalesForce Administrator will be responsible for managing changes to the Salesforce platform as it is adjusted to meet changing business requirements.
This position is responsible for:
- Leading implementation, design, and configuration of a Salesforce re-design.
- Operating as primary system administrator and application configuration expert and the related integrations and technologies.
- Working with external vendors, the internal salesforce support team, business stakeholders, and IT management to design and develop strong relationships with user groups to support user adoption, ensure proper use of SalesForce and productive growth and change around the application and corresponding business processes.
- Diagnosing and proposing resolution for Salesforce.com issues that include configurations and customizations, integrations, data loads, security access, workflows and triggers, reports and dashboards.
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology individual with a proven record of software delivery within an investment management firm and extensive salesforce experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Expert Salesforce.com administrative skills, such as creating user, profiles, roles, custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, workflow rules, validation rules, reports, dashboards, and process builder
- Ability to perform data cleanup, extraction, and mass changes using data loader
- Experience managing release/upgrade cycles for Salesforce
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, in particular with Marketing, Sales and Operations.
- Experience with end user support for Enterprise Applications
- Ability to work independently and be results-driven
- Strong working knowledge of Agile / Scrum
- 4-year college degree in English, communications, publishing, computer science, or other relevant field, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Certified Salesforce.com System Administrator
- 3+ years as a SalesForce administrator
- Knowledge of core Salesforce technologies that enable the sales process (CPQ, Marketing Automation, Data hygiene tools, and sales enablement)
- 5+ years’ experience as an administrator/developer (Salesforce.com) preferably within a financial services organization.
- Ability to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Thorough knowledge of how to create and update custom objects, custom fields, formulas, validation rules, workflows, process-builder flows, custom settings, and similar Salesforce platform functionality.
- Experience with Informatica Cloud, Mulesoft, or other ETL tools. Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync / async.
- Experience leveraging web services to integrate Salesforce with external apps (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc)
- Experience with a relational database preferred (SQL, Oracle, db2, etc.)
- Solid understanding of 3rd party salesforce.com data loading and data integration tools such as Informatica, Demand Tools, etc.
- Experience reviewing, configuring and supporting AppExchange apps (Conga, etc.)
- University degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
Leadership & Management
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-System Administration-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, December 11, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018