Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Asset Transfer Services (ATS), we are uniquely positioned to create a lasting impression for our clients during the many phases of their relationship with Schwab. Throughout the Account Transfer process, we aspire to create client loyalty for Schwab Advisors and the Investor Services client groups by providing quality and timely delivery of securities between Schwab and other Financial Services firms. With an emphasis on employee growth and business partner collaboration, our goal is to be known for our leadership within Schwab as well as a leader within the industry.
What you’ll do:
As the Senior Manager of the Outgoing TOA team, you will be a part of a multi-facetted department, leading a team of 8-12 representatives through exciting and transformational system initiatives focusing on modernization and data intelligence (such as Enlighten and MyQ/Business Process Transformation (BPT)). You will have the ability to reshape and redefine core processes to achieve productivity objectives while improving the client and employee experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who is self-driven and a proven leader. One who can not only inspire, motivate and effectively manage people at different stages in their career and professional development but also effectively apply the principals of Change Leadership. This includes building effective teams through awareness, coaching, feedback, reinforcement, oversight, accountability as well as demonstrating sound business judgment.
The individual will need to establish and maintain strong, trusted working relationships with internal Schwab business partners, as well as the ATS leadership team (locally and across sites). In addition, this individual will be responsible for managing the day to day business activities of the team and delivering business results, while focusing on risk management.
Candidate must have demonstrated the ability to successfully enhance the client experience as well as proactively identifying and implement innovative solutions for efficiency and operational excellence. Ability to handle complex issues and/or problems proactively and independently.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Strong leadership, motivational and coaching skills that cultivates a strong and engaging environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to set priorities and proactively solve issues in a dynamic multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as focus on improving the client experience.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk by adhering to department and firm policies and procedures.
- Series 7, 63 licenses are required.
- Series 9 & 10 (or 24) licenses are required (may consider Condition of Employment)
- BA/BS Preferred and /or equivalent work experience.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Strategic Thinking / Initiative
- Managing Change
- Developing Others / Fostering Teamwork
- Customer Orientation / Business Partner Collaboration
- Risk Management / Business Acumen
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, December 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2018