San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $320 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
What you’ll do:
It is the goal of the CSIM Fund Services team to actively contribute in the success of our proprietary mutual fund and exchange traded fund businesses. Manager position within Fund Services will play an important role in the day-to-day oversight of custody operations. Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail are critical competencies in this manager role as the market is constantly evolving. Key responsibilities include vendor oversight, global and tax documentation in various local markets, proxy voting, fund liquidity oversight, securities lending program management, class actions filing, failed trade resolution, and cash and security reconciliation (domestic and global). Internal reporting related to the daily custody operations of the Schwab and Laudus Funds and Schwab ETFs is used to capture the critical elements of custody operations and the value-add of the manager.
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
- The Manager will be required to apply analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail to daily liquidity oversight and execution. Success in this role depends on leveraging these skills to all aspects of the role.
- The Manager will be required to collaborate and develop a strong partnership with internal and external business partners to successfully execute oversight tasks, including custodians, fund accountants, lending agents, portfolio managers, traders, credit team, legal, brokers and other third-party service providers
- Perform risk and control oversight of internal and vendor processes, while ensuring deadlines are met, data is accurate, and the end-product adds value.
- Lead and evolve the Fund Services’ manager role to offer value-added services to our portfolio managers, trading operations and risk teams by communicating cash needs and facilitating drawings and payments of liquidity sources
- Follow up on cash and share reconciliation exceptions, failed trade settlement, and outstanding corporate actions.
- Provide daily oversight support and reporting of securities lending to ensure lending agents comply with our lending guidelines and adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Research information on custodial websites and attend Webinars offered by our custodians and third-party providers on global markets or other custody related topics
- Lead accurate data collection (mostly in Microsoft Office and iKnow), storage, monitoring and reporting efforts for various trading, custody and securities lending functions constantly striving for process efficiencies. Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Business decision support with projects and contract negotiations with outside vendors, legal team and senior management
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required - minimum 5 to 7 years of work experience and 3 to 5 years related financial services experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and superb attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of custody, fund accounting or financial services business.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about cash management, securities lending and global markets.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team on executing risk and control oversight of internal and vendor processes, while ensuring deadlines are met, data is accurate, and the end-product adds value.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with all levels of management and build effective working relationships with business partners and vendors.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of intangible factors.
- Resolve a wide range of issues by applying judgment and technical know-how to identify creative ways to complete assignments, improve processes and influences others to take action.
- Results oriented and drives execution.
- Ability to multi-task in a changing environment, prioritize accordingly and make executive decisions
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 27, 2018