Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Global Data Solutions’ goal is to maximize data for competitive edge. Our group’s vision is to infuse a data-driven culture across all of Schwab so that our data will be trusted and integrated, and we can all make better business decisions and improve client experience. Increasingly, data permeates all our work and we are dedicated to fostering a company-wide data culture that will facilitate proper data governance, collaborative data management, and increased speed to insight. We focus on improving data infrastructure, creating innovative shared data solutions and empowering and educating. To support this charter we have four core initiatives:
- Information Layer is a common repository for data sets used in the majority of analyses. This shared repository increases consistency and efficiency.
- Analytics Architecture is a modern analytics infrastructure for improved access to expanded data with new tools that accelerate speed to insight/operations. This infrastructure includes the Big Data Environment and its ecosystem of tools.
- Integrated Client View will offer a single view of the customer across the enterprise by creating a single consolidated source for enterprise-wide client data. This enables Schwab to link critical customer data across the firm in an application which is highly governed and then share that information broadly to support consistent interactions with our customers.
- Data Governance helps ensure that we have trusted data with easier data access and unambiguous definitions supported by accountable data owners and new enterprise wide tools.
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director, Big Data Tenant Management will be our senior leader driving effective business adoption of our expanding Big Data capabilities, reporting to the VP, Global Data Platform Management. Marketing will be the primary client, for whom this role will enable a range of Marketing use cases including enhanced Personalization, Cross Channel Attribution and advanced ML/AI capabilities.
In addition, this role will facilitate the on-boarding and ongoing support of new tenants on our Big Data Environment. This will involve functioning as an advisor to guide data requirements and ensure development by our Big Data platform team. This will require close coordination with business leaders, our technology team and partners within Global Data Solutions.
Finally, this role will drive the migration of our historical, sub-scale cluster to our enterprise wide, multi-tenant environment. This includes addressing streaming data requirements.
What you have:
- Data Management experience with Digital and Marketing data, e.g. web traffic, display ad traffic, online and offline campaigns, advertising spend for display ads and paid search
- Implementation experience with Hadoop Big Data environments including data ingestion, curation and exposure.
- Knowledge of Big Data use cases, particularly customer journey, data science, text analytics, models, and business intelligence.
- Experience with MapR, Talend, Anaconda, Python, R, Spark all a plus
- Experience gathering, synthesizing and publishing business requirements for Big Data use cases.
- Experience with real time data streaming in Hadoop
- Team leadership experience
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills.
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- Past experience leading major data initiatives – both developing the data strategy, roadmap and overseeing its execution.
- Demonstrated expertise in data quality, data governance and data integration.
- Previous hands-on experience in data extraction, preparation and data analysis
- Proven ability supporting the diverse needs of analytics and predictive modeling functions
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, March 19, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018