We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Data Protection Analyst is part of the Firm's Data Governance and Technology (DGT) team. DGT has people and infrastructure that monitor, manage, and protect data at Charles Schwab. We’re looking for an individual able to utilize Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems in support of compliance and data governance with an eye toward learning and developing computer forensic skills.
What you’ll do:
- Monitoring and analyzing Data Loss Prevention (DLP) incidents to ensure compliance with company policies
- understanding a variety of security and compliance policies and incident response processes
- exercising sound judgment when determining which events require follow-up response or escalation
- working with internal customers to respond to escalations
- maintaining incident documentation, analyzing incident trends
- identifying and translating data loss risks and planning mitigation into DLP policy rules;
- constructing and tuning DLP policies to maximize risk reduction while minimizing false positives
- maintaining DLP server infrastructure
- perform Tier-2 troubleshooting; participating in DLP projects and strategic initiatives;
- Collecting and analyzing computer forensic data.
What you have:
TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience is required in one or more of the following disciplines: system administration, data loss prevention, data analysis, data profiling, data quality, database testing, or data management, in with strengths in the following technical areas: operating systems and user administration (Windows and Linux); scripting (e.g., Windows and Linux shell, VB, Python, Java, Perl); familiarity with MS-SQL, Oracle, or DB2 database queries; DNS and TCP/IP Internet and networking technologies within large distributed environments; requirements gathering, system analysis, system development, change management, and implementation.
- Familiarity with one or more tools for data manipulation and analysis (e.g. Data Insight, SPSS, SSIS/MDS, SAS, Cognos), and/or familiarity with Data Loss Prevention tools (e.g., Symantec “Vontu” or Intel “McAfee”).
- Professional Information Security work experience (with SANS or CISSP certifications) is preferred; working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (e.g., SOX, PCI, and/or GLBA) is highly desirable.
- You must be able to think independently, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex business and technical problems related to information risk. Attention to detail and accuracy are critical in this role. You will be expected to manage multiple tasks, work well under pressure and meet established project deadlines.
- You must be motivated to learn, contribute, and thrive.
- Excellent English (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong MS-Office skills, including Excel, Access are also required.
This team is part of a fast-paced, geographically dispersed professional security organization. The successful candidate must embrace teamwork, collaboration, and accountability for on-time completion of assigned duties. Problem solving, personal integrity, sound judgment, maintaining strict confidentiality, always with a strong customer-orientation are key personal strengths for the ideal candidate.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018